Until November 30, 2020, a public debate on the draft amendments to the technical regulations of the Customs Union TR CU 007/2011 On the safety of products for children and teenagers will be held.
The amendments mainly concern these two points:
- Abolition of double conformity assessment such as state registration with subsequent EAC declaration.
- Technological characteristics of the production of children’s footwear taking into account the effect of their mass on the functional state of the child’s foot.
The subsequent EAC declaration is abolished for the following products:
- diapers, cotton swabs
- tableware and cutlery made of plastic, glass, metal, ceramic, including disposable tableware for children under 3 years of age
- toothbrushes, electric toothbrushes, gum, massagers etc.
- underwear 1st layer for children under 3 years
- 1st layer tights for children under 3 years
- summer knitted and textile caps of the 1st layer for children under 3 years
The further proposal is not to determine the hygroscopicity of decorative parts of the upper side of the 2nd layer, which do not have direct contact with the body, in products for children under 1 year of age.
It is proposed not to study the air permeability parameter in the case of the products that imply high air permeability due to their design (summer dresses, skirts, vests, shorts) or the structure of the material (with loose fabric, open-work), as well as in the case of products with structural elements that ensure air exchange.