On November 25, 2022, Resolution of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) No. 181 of November 22, 2022 was published. With this, a new program for the development (amendment, revision) of standards for the Technical regulation TR CU 004/2011 On safety of low-voltage equipment was approved. The Technical Regulation set minimum requirements for the safety of products during the EAC Certification, EAC Declaration or state registration.
The updated program was adopted to replace the program approved by Decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission No. 295 of December 25, 2012.
The new edition includes 221 positions for the development, amendment and revision of standards. The basis for the adoption of the updated standards are the standards of the IEC, EN and EC series.
In general, the program is designed for 7 years: from 2022 to 2028. In most cases, 1-2 years are estimated for each standard.
The list includes the development (amendment, revision) of standards for general safety requirements for low-voltage equipment, as well as private requirements for the following products:
- Light chain
- Switches for fixed electrical installations for household and similar purposes
- Cable networks for the transmission of audio and television signals
- Low voltage distribution and control equipment
- Electrical copper wires
- Photovoltaic pumping system
- LED lamps for general lighting with a supply voltage not exceeding 50V AC or 120V DC
- Electric manual, portable and horticultural machines
- Rotary electric machines, etc.
The list also includes work on the development (amendment, revision) of standards for methods of testing. For example fire tests.
The note emphasizes that when an intergovernmental standard is developed from an international or regional (European) standard, the current version of those standards (including any amendments) or a replacement standard must be used.
The updated program comes into force on December 25, 2022.