Ceuta is a Spanish autonomous city on the north coast of Africa, separated by 14 kilometres from the Cadiz province and sharin a border of 6 kilometres with Morocco. The head of state is the Spanish king. Local currency is the Euro. The official language is Spanish, however Arabic is also spoken by a large percentage of the population. The territory of Ceuta is disputed by Morocco, who also try to claim the city.
The largest economic sector of the city is fishing and fish farming. Ceuta is a state with low taxes. African refugees see Ceuta as a gate to mainland Europe.
Corporate practice is regulated in the spanish Civil Code, Commercial Code and domestic statutes.
Ceuta has adopted the spanish legal system with a few minor domestic tweaks.
Main types of businesses:
- Sociedad anónima (SA) – Joint-stock company
- Sociedad de responsabilidad limitada (SRL) – Limited liability company
- Sociedad Limitada Nueva Empresa (SLNE) – New limited liability copmany
- Sociedad Limitada Unipersonal (SLU) – One-man company with limited liability
- Sociedad comanditaria por acciones (Soc. Com. p.a.) - Limited partnership with shares
Without founding a company:
- Empresario Individual – registered merchant
- Sociedad Civil (SC) – Association
- Sociedad colectiva (Soc.Col.) – Registered association
- Sociedad comanditaria simple (Soc.Com.) – Simple limited partnership
What is a commercial register?
In our video we explain the definition and function of a commercial register and how you can verify the reliability and solvency of your foreign business partner.
Should you wish to check the sincerity of your foreign business partner’s request, Schmidt&Schmidt will gladly assist you.
We offer extracts from the commercial registers of more than 100 different registers in countries spread all around the globe. Additionally, we offer annual statements for a variety of companies. The original extract from any commercial register can be sent to you by mail or as a pdf-file via e-mail. Besides that, commercial register extracts can be authenticated with an apostille.
The city's municipality is responsable for registration in the commercial register. The commercial register is directly subordinate to the spanish Ministry of Justice.
On a municipal level there are special registers.
The following documents can be obtained from the register:
- Simple extract (nota simple) in an electronic format. Contains all information on a company.
- Certified extract - certified copy of the registration documents
- Annual statement
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Information on the directors and shareholders of international companies is not publicly available, therefore just the information on directors and shareholders of local companies is included in the extract.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 3-5 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Therefore, the documents issued in Ceuta are subject to a simplified apostilling procedure, thus the documents gain full legal value in Convention member states after notarised translation.
An extract from the business register of Ceuta can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
Our services can be paid by bank transfer, PayPal or by credit card.
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Ceuta||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Ceuta||from 41,65€||from 35,00€|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|