Gabon is a state on the west coast of Central Africa. The country is a presidential republic, with the president as head of state. Local currency is the CFA-Franc BEAC. The official language is French. Gabon is a member of the United Nations (UN), the AKT-Group and other international organisations.
Gabon is one of the richest and most developed countries in Africa. The industry is the leading economical sector, totalling up to 57% of the country's GDP. Natural resources are the major focus of the industry, mainly petrol, iron, gold and manganese. Petrol has the largest export share among those resources with roughly 70%.
Suprisingly, 60% of the country's population work in agriculture, which only accounts for 5% of the GDP.
Gabon has a mixed legal system, mainly consisting of french and african legal elements.
Corporate practice is regulated in the Civil Code, the Investment Law and other legal statutes.
Main types of businesses in Gabon:
- Société à responsabilité limitée – Limited liability company
- Société anonyme – Public limited company
- Société à nom collectif – Business Partnership
- Sociеtе commandite simple - Simple limited partnership
Additionally, one-man businesses and foreign branch offices may operate in Gabon.
The Investment Agency (Agence Nationale de Promotion des Investissements du Gabon, ANPI-Gabon) is responsible for registration in the commercial register. The registration is carried out by assigned court clerks (greffier du tribunal), directly subordinate to the Ministry of Justice.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Information about the Director and the Proprietors of international corporations is not public, therefore only the information about Directors and Proprietors of local corporations is included in the extract.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 7-14 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Legalization of extracts from Gabon
Gabon did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all gabonian documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the business register of Gabon can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Gabon||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Gabon||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|