The Republic of Guinea-Bissau is a sovereign state located in West Africa, just west of Guinea. The country has a presidential system, with the president as head of state. Local currency is the CFA-Franc BCEAO. The official language, as opposed to Guinea, is Portuguese. Guinea-Bissau is a member of the United Nations (UN), the AKT-Group and other international organisations.
Guinea-Bissau ranks among the poorest countries in the world. 82% of the country's working population work in agriculture, creating 62% of the country's GDP. Despite these facts, Guinea-Bissau is rich on natural resources (bauxite, raw oil and phosphate) and has substantial agricultural potential. In the event of economic stabilisation, the country will be of major interest for investors.
Guinea-Bissau is counted among the romanic-germanic legal family (based on portuguese law). Unwritten constitutional law is admittable here.
Corporate practice is regulated in the Civil Code of 1984 and other legal statutes.
Main types of businesses in Guinea-Bissau
- Sociedade a Responsabilidade Limitada (SARL) – Limited liability company
- Sociedade Anónima (SA) – Public limited company
- Sucursal – Foreign branch office
- Comerciante individual – Individual enterprise
The Centre for Foundation of Enterprises (Centro de Formalizaçào de Empresas - CFE) is responsible for registration in the commercial register. The CFE is directly subordinate to the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Regional Integration.
Nowadays the commercial register is digitalised and contains information starting 1974.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full adress
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 7-14 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Legalization of extracts from Guinea-Bissau
Guinea-Bissau did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all guinean documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the business register of Guinea-Bissau can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Guinea-Bissau||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Guinea-Bissau||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|