The Republic of Liberia is a state at the west african atlantic coastline. Liberia is a unitary presidential constitutional republic closely modeled after the U.S. system, with the president as head of state. Local currency is the Liberian Dollar (LRD). The official language is English, while also retaining various indigenous languages spoken by the numerous ethnic groups in the country. Liberia is a founding member of the United Nations (UN), the African Union (AU) and other international organisations.
Liberia was the first african country to declare its independence from the colonial power and went on to become one of the continent's economically most advanced countries. Two gruesome civil wars lasting from 1989 until 2003 killed roughly 500.000 people and completely destroyed the country's economy. Today Liberia ranks among the poorest countries in the world. Agriculture accounts for 61% of the country's total GDP.
Liberia is a known tax haven. Registration in the commercial register is carried out within 24 hours and companies not operating from Liberia are exempt from taxation.
Corporate practice is regulated in the the Companies Act and other legal statutes. Liberia belongs to the Common-Law legal family.
Main types of businesses:
- Registered business company
- Limited Liability Company
- Limited partnership
- Not-for-profit corporation
- Foreign maritime entity
The Liberian International Ship and Corporate Registry (LISCR) is responsible for registration in the commercial register, it has branch offices all over the world. The commercial register was established in 1948. The LISCR Trust Company is responsible for all companies who operate abroad and are simply registered in Liberia.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 5-6 days after request submission.
The following documents can be obtained from the register:
- Certificate of Formation
- Annual Financial Statements
- Certificate of Good Standing – a document attesting that the company is capable of acting and solvent. It confirms the company pursues their commitments and is neither bankrupt nor in debt. Furthermore there is no reorganisation, merger or liquidation taking place.
- Memorandum of Association
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Liberia acceded to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1980.
Therefore, the documents issued in Liberia are subject to a simplified apostilling procedure, thus the documents gain full legal value in Convention member states after notarised translation.
An extract from the commercial register of Liberia can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Liberia||from 178,05 €||from 150,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Liberia||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 297,50 €||from 250,00 €|