The State of Libya is a sovereign state in North Africa. Libya de jure has a presidential system, in reality the country has major problems with political instability, currently there is no uniform governnmental system in place. The chairman of the Presidential Council is head of state. Local currency is the Libyan Dinar (LYD). Official language is Arabic, the state religion is Islam. Libya is a member of the United Nations (UN), the Arab League, the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and other international organisations.
The country's economy has been destroyed by years of civil warfare, continuing to the present day. The strongest remaining economical sector is the industrial sector.
There are EU-Sanctions in effect against Libya due to the increasing number of illegal immigrants into the EU.
The legal system is based on islamic law and currently undergoing reforms.
Main types of businesses in Libya
- Muscharaka – A hybrid financial instrument in the form of equity financing, where all partners equally share both profits and losses
- Companies founded according to the investment law
- Foreign branch offices
- Dependent manufacturing facility
- Business partnership
Additionally, one-man businesses may operate in Libya.
The Ministry of Economy and Trade is responsible for registration in the commercial register as well as brand registration.
The Chamber of Commerce and the Finance Office both run their own commercial register.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 5-6 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Legalization of extracts from Libya
Libya did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all libyan documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the business register of Libya can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Libya||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Libya||from 41,65€||from 35,00€|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 595,00 €||from 500,00 €|