The Republic of Rwanda is a sovereign state in Central Africa. Rwanda has a semi-presidential system with the president as head of state. Local currency is the Rwandan Franc (RWF), official languages are Kinyarwanda, English, French and Swahili. Rwanda is a member of the United Nations (UN), the Commonwealth of Nations and other international organisations.
Despite the abundance of natural resources (gold, lead, wolfram, petroleum gas and beryllium), Rwanda ranks among the poorest countries in the world. More than 60% of the country's population live below the international poverty line. The main economic sector is the service sector, accounting for roughly 50% of the country's GDP, however almost 90% of the population work in agriculture. This sector accumulates 34% of the GDP. Rwanda is largely dependant on being granted benefits by other countries, consumables have to be partially imported.
Rwanda has a mixed legal system, mostly based on belgian law and african unwritten law.
Corporate practice is regulated in the Companies Act of 2009 and other legal statutes.
Main types of businesses
- Company limited by shares (société à responsabilité limitée par actions / isosiyete ifite uburyozwe bugarukira ku migabane)
- Company limited by guarantee (société à responsabilité limitée par garantie / isosiyete ifite uburyozwe bugarukira ku ngwate)
- Company limited by both shares and guarantee (société à responsabilité limitée par actions et par garantie / isosiyete ishingiye ku buryozwe bugarukira ku migabane no ku ngwate)
- Unlimited company (société à responsabilité illimitée / isosiyete ifite uburyozwe busesuye)
Additionally, registered merchants and foreign branch offices may operate in Rwanda.
The Office of the Registrar General (Rwanda Development Board) is responsible for registration in the commercial register. The process of registration is regarded as the simplest in Africa.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 12-14 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
Legalization of extracts from Rwanda
Rwanda did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all rwandan documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the business register of Rwanda can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Rwanda||from 119,05 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Rwanda||from 41,65€||from 35,00€|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 714,00 €||from 600,00 €|