The Republic of Senegal is a state in West Africa. The country is a semi-presidential republic with the president as head of state. Local currency is the CFA-Franc (XOF), official languages are French and Arabic. Senegal is a member of the United Nations (UN), the AKT-Group and other international organisations.
Technically Senegal is a developing country, however it is substantially more developed than most other west african countries. The service sector is the main source of income for the country (more than 60% of the GDP), however roughly 77% of the population works in agriculture. The natural resources available in Senegal are phosphate, iron, gold and zirconia. The most important trade partner is France.
The legal system of Senegal is a mixture of french and spanish law.
Corporate practice is regulated in the Civil Code (OHADA) and other legal statutes.
Main types of businesses:
- Société à responsabilité limitée (SARL) – Limited liability company
- Société anonyme (SA) – Joint-Stock company
- Société en Nom Collectif (SNC) – Registered partnership
- Société en Commandité simple (SCS) – Limited partnership
- Société unipersonnelle à responsabilité limitée (SURL) – Limited liability company with one founder
- Société en participation (SP) – Community enterprise
- Société de fait (SF) – De facto corporation
- Groupement d’intérêt économique (GIE) – Economic interest grouping
- Entreprise individuelle – Individual enterprise
Registration in the commercial register is conducted by the sectretaries of the commercial court Senegal (Greffes du tribunal de Commerce). Commercial courts were established in 2017, they are directly subordinate to the Ministry of Justice.
The commercial register (Registre du Commerce et du Crédit Mobilier - RCCM) is managed by the secretaries of the commercial court.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 7-14 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Legalization of extracts from Senegal
Senegal did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all senegalese documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the business register of Senegal can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Senegal||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Senegal||from 41,65€||from 35,00€|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|