The fire safety declaration in Russia is the result of a mandatory process of the state supervision of products. Thanks to this procedure the conformity with fire regulations can be proved. After the conformity assessment a declaration, which certificates the compliance to the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation is issued. The purpose of the expertise is to confirm the quality of the examined product and protect the rights, lives and safety of the citizens. Without a fire safety declaration the export of products to Russia is not possible.
A declaration must contain the following information about the products:
- Detailed product description
- Flammability class
- Fire performance
- Gas permeability
- Smoke production ability
The basis for the fire safety declaration is provided by the legislation of the Russian Federation:
- Technical regulation for fire safety no. 123-FZ of July 22, 2008
- Decision no. 241 of March 17, 2009
- TR CU 043/2017 “On requirements for fire retardants and fire-extinguishing systems” (since January 1st, 2020)
Scope of application
According to the technical regulation on fire safety no. 123-FZ the following products underly the mandatory declaration mandatory declaration:
- Some building and raw materials
- Linoleum cover
- Certain materials used for the production of furniture
- Some carpets
The fire safety declaration is carried out in the following manner:
- Step: Application to an accredited certification body
- Step: The certification body checks the documentations
- Step: Classification of the products and selection of product samples (if necessary)
- Step: Tests and analysis
- Step: Issue of fire safety declaration
- Step: Surveillance of the certified products (if necessary)
Required documents for the fire safety declaration
For the application for a fire safety declaration the following documentations have to be presented to the accredited certification body:
- Application for declaration
- Information about the manufacturer and its address
- Detailed product description and exact product specification
- Technical documentation, such as instruction manual, technical passport, technical drawing ecc.
- Product sample (have to be sent to Russia)
- HS Codes
- Available certificates: ISO, DIN, CE, CB
Depending on the type of commodity that shall be declared, additional documentation can be required.
Time duration and costs of fire safety declaration
Time duration and costs of the fire safety declaration depend on many factors such as commodity type, complexity of tests needed ecc.
The exact conditions of the fire safety declaration are always determined individually on the basis of the documents received.
The application for the expertise can take a few weeks.
The manufacturer, which is not established in one of the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union, is not entitled to apply for any assessment of conformity of fire protection equipment with the specified technical regulations.
In order to get the conformity certificate, the foreign manufacturer must appoint an authorized representative in one of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union. He represents the interests in the certifying bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union regarding the safety and quality of products and compliance with technical regulations.
In accordance with applicable law and in accordance with the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union, only an entrepreneur residing in the territory of the Customs Union may be designated as an authorized representative.
Delivery of documents
You will receive a copy of fire safety declaration by e-mail immediately after the procedure has been successfully completed. In just a few days, the original will be delivered to you by post.
We will provide you with a free, non-binding quote and will be glad to answer all your questions about Fire Safety Certificate for Russia. Convince yourself of the quality of our services!