Some products, which are introduced for the first time on to the market of Russia or other member state of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) must prove their conformity with the technical requirements of the EAEU. All products which passed successfully the conformity assessment procedures must be EAC marked. EAC is a certification mark which indicates that the products conform to all technical regulations of the Eurasian Customs Union and is a guarantee that the product marked with it comply with health, safety, and environmental protection standards.
The creation of a Customs Union and later of the Eurasian Economic Union between Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan led not only to abolition of customs borders and other obstacles between states. It also led to a subsequent harmonization of technical regulations. The national standards such as GOST-R and TR in Russia, STB in Belarus or Kazakh GOST-K in Kazakhstan have been replaced by the binding technical rules applicable for all members of the Eurasian Economic Union. Another important aspect of the new standards is their harmonization with the European standards. By now 44 technical regulations have been adopted.
The EAC marking was introduced by the board decision of the EAEU Commission No. 711 on July 15, 2011.
There are some distinctive features of the EAC marking:
- Only the products which are subject to relevant technical regulations of the EAWU can be marked with the EAC marking. For a voluntary certification GOST marking is still used in Russia. Any products can be certified according to GOST standards in order to convince customers of the quality of the products.
- The manufacturer himself is responsible for the definition and choice of the relevant technical regulations for his product. In case of a EAC declaration the manufacturer declares that his product meets the requirements of the applicable technical regulations. In case of a EAC Certificate an assessment by a notified Body will be required. As a notified body can serve only a registered and certified laboratory or a certifying authority within the EAEU.
- Only a company established in the territory of the customs union may apply for the EAC certification or EAC Declaration. A foreign manufacturer needs an authorized representative in the Eurasian Economic Union.
- The EAC Certification or EAC Declaration can be valid up to 5 years depending on whether it is a one-time supply or a serial production.
- The products, which conform to all technical regulations and passed successfully the conformity assessment are allowed to be used and sold in every member state of the EAEU.
- EAC marking must be attached on every product, etiquette, insert or sticker.
- In addition to the EAC marking, no other mark or seal is permitted, which would contradict to the "EAC".
The EAC marking process consists of the following steps:
- The manufacture has to decide whether his product is subject to a conformity assessment according to technical regulations of the EAEU and which standards have to be applied. One product can subject to several standards. The EAC marking is required for all products listed in the common list of products (in Russian) issued by the Eurasian economic commission under No. 620 from 07.04.2011. Here you will find a summary of the products that are subject to EAC certification and EAC Declaration. For other non-listed products, a national regulation for example TR marking must be considered. To the national regulation subject for instance the measurement equipment or Fire-fighting equipment.
- The manufacture has to determine a conformity assessment process: certification, declaration or state registry. It depends on the classification of the product and its application area. Certification and declaration process has different schemes of the conformity assessment depending on the type of supply: one-time supply or a serial production. Different schemes presuppose different methods of demonstrating conformity and volume of documentation and tests required.
- In the next step the manufacture has to identify the scope of the conformity assessment required: intern assessment, mandatory assessment and tests by a notified body or a manufacturing audit carried out by a notified body.
- The final step is to prepare all necessary technical documentation and to apply for a conformity assessment. After the assessment has been accomplished and the EAC Certificate or Declaration has been issued the manufacture attaches the EAC marking visibly, legibly and indelibly to the product.
The certification and permitting for Russian market is one extensive process, which requires both special knowledge of Russian Law and experience in interaction with state authorities.
We offer a perfect solution in getting the TR CU, EAC and GOST certification for your business on the Russian market. We provide all needed certificates for your production quickly, reliably and for a favorable price!
We see ourselves as an intermediary between the private companies in Europe and the public authorities in Russia.
Our highest priority, is not only to deliver an individually tailored service to every client, but also in offering an impeccable level of transparency to the high standard of our qualified service.
- Swift processing of inquiries and assignments
- Postal delivery of EAC certificates free of charge
- Low costs due to our exceptional operating efficiency
Our goal is the establishment of mutually beneficial business relations with our clients and partners.
Please call us or send us an email. We will provide you with a free, non-binding quote and will be glad to answer all your questions about EAC marking and technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union! Convince yourself of the quality of our services!