The technical regulation TR 2018/024/BY “Telecommunications systems. Safety" applies to telecommunications equipment placed on the market in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, including that which is part of other technical equipment.
Telecommunications systems must be designed and manufactured to meet technical requirements throughout its service life when properly used and installed.
The regulation contains a complete list of telecommunications equipment for which confirmation of conformity is required (Annex n. 1 and n. 2), as well as conformity confirmation schemes used for certification and declaration.
- devices exclusively made for use by government, national security, defense, law enforcement, emergency prevention and response needs
- devices used in encrypted and secret communication systems in the interest of the structures of military organization of states
- equipment used in civil aviation and maritime transport
- devices for satellite navigation system
- equipment for amateur radio
- used equipment
- telecommunication equipment imported by legal entities as components, materials for use in their own production
- telecommunication equipment used as samples, exhibits and promotional material for exhibitions, trade fairs, promotions
Operating documents must contain the following information:
- purpose of use
- basic characteristics and parameters of telecommunication equipment
- version of installed software (if available)
- mounting instructions and connection to AC mains, telecommunication networks and other technical networks
- operating instruction
- storage, transport, assembly and disposal
- information on measures to be taken when faults are detected
- name and address of the manufacturer and his contact details
- name and address of the authorized representative
- month and year of manufacture
The operating documents are written in the national language of the Republic of Belarus: Belarisuan and/or Russian on paper and/or electronically.
Marking and operating documentation of telecommunications equipment must contain information that provides identification and purpose of use of the equipment.
Conformity assessment procedure
There are two types of conformity assessment: the certification and the declaration.
The certification is required for products in Annex 1.
For example, the following telecommunications equipment is subject to an obligatory certification:
- telecommunications systems which perform the functions of data transmission systems
- data transmission systems
- equipment performing functions of generating, encoding, decoding, multiplexing, converting, transmitting and receiving digital television and radio signals
There are four different schemes of certification:
- 1c - for serial production
- 2cfor serial production, if the manufacturer is certified within the national quality system
- 3c - for batch delivery
- 4cfor a single delivery
The declaration is required for products named in the list of appendix 2, for example:
- telephone systems of all types connected to cables
- DECT radios, including radio modules in other devices
- short-range radios, including radio modules in other devices, operating in the high-frequency band from 25 MHz to 30 GHz and designed for the transmission of telecommunications messages
For the declaration five schemes are provided:
- 1d - for serial delivery
- 2d - for batch delivery
- 3d - for serial delivery with testing in a certified laboratory in Belarus
- 4d- for a batch delivery with tests in a certified laboratory in Belarus
- 6d - for serial productions, if the manufacturer is certified within the national quality management system
Technical Regulation within the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU)
As a consequence of the coordination of national safety standards between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, the previous national Technical Regulations such as Russian GOST and TR certification were gradually phased out and substituted by the new Technical Regulations of the EAEU (TR EAEU) in every industrial sector. In addition to the EAC certification, the EAC declaration has also been introduced in the Customs Union as a simpler and less expensive form of proof of conformity.
The new system was modelled on the european CE marking and many Technical Regulations are coordinated with EU guidelines. One can say that the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union correspond to the EU guidelines.
Similar to the CE mark, the uniform conformity mark of the EAEU has been introduced. This mark consists of three stylized letters “EAC” as an abbreviation for “EurAsian Conformity”.
Each set of technical regulations specifies different requirements for the corresponding documentation. Typically these are:
- application for TR certification
- technical passport
- instructing manual
- test reports
- detailed product descriptions and exact product designation
- ISO 9001 certificate
The duration and costs associated with an certificate application depend on several different factors, such as the classification of the product, any required laboratory checks and the complexity of all examinations. As such the exact conditions of the certification are always determined individually based on the required documentation.
Please note that an application for an certificate can take anywhere from a few days to weeks to process.
More information can be found here.
In accordance with applicable law and in accordance with the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union, only an entrepreneur residing in the territory of the Customs Union may be designated as an authorized representative.
In order to get the conformity certificate, the foreign manufacturer must appoint an authorized representative in one of the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union. He represents the interests in the certifying bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union regarding the safety and quality of products and compliance with technical regulations. Our company - Schmidt & Schmidt - offers you an authorized representative on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Delivery of the documents
If you order an EAC certificate, you will receive a copy of it via email immediately upon our successful completion of the EAC certification process. The original will be mailed to you a few days later.