Communications equipment which is going to be used in the public switched telephone network (PSTN) must prove that it doesn’t endanger safety, integrity and operational stability of the PSTN.
The conformity assessment of communications equipment is a compulsory procedure of state supervision. The compliance with technical requirements can be proved either with the Federal Communications Agency (FAC) Certificate or FAC Declaration. Only after that communications equipment can be placed on the market of the Russian Federation. A FAC certificate is generally valid between 1 and 3 years. The validity of a FAC declaration, however, is unlimited.
The basis for the conformity assessment of communications equipment builds the legislation of the Russian Federation:
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation № 126-FZ of July,7 2003 "About telecommunication"
- Decree of the Government № 532 of June, 25 2009 "List of communications equipment subject to compulsory certification"
- "Regulation on organization and implementation of the conformity assessment of communications equipment" № 214 of April, 13 2005
Decree of the Government № 532 sets out what equipment is subject to compulsory FAC certification:
- equipment for switching systems (equipment for communication centers, telephone exchanges etc)
- equipment for digital data transmission systems
- equipment with the functions of control and monitoring
- equipment used to record the volume of communication services provided
- radio-electronic means of communication
- communications equipment, including software used for operational search activities
- terminal equipment that could lead to disruption functioning of a public communications network
If communications equipment is not listed in Decree of the Government № 532 but it is a terminal equipment, such equipment must be FAC declared, for example:
- DECT corded and cordless phones
- Cell phones GSM, WCDMA, HSDPA, CDMA
- Wired and wireless modems and computer cards (modules) for GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, HSDPA
- BlueTooth and Wi-Fi Wireless Computer Network Modules standard 802.15 и 802.11a/b/g/n.
- Telematic Data server, which support the following Internet services and working over HTTP, HTTPS, POP, SMTP, DNS, FTP.
If communications equipment cannot be connected to the public switched telephone network it does not need any conformity approval from the Federal Communications Agency. Anyway, the equipment can subject to technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union. If the equipment could be used for the encryption of data it is subject to the notification by the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB).
Certification or Declaration process
- Step: filing of application at the notified certification body
- Step: the notified certification body checks the documentation
- Step: product classification and sampling
- Step: testing
- Step: manufacturing audit (if set out in the technical regulation)
- Step: issuance of a certificate
- Step: monitoring of the certified product
- detailed description of the plants
- identification of the plants
- HS Codes
- technical passport
- safety justification
- instruction manual
- detailed drawings
- technical file
- test reports
- available certificates: ISO, DIN, CE, CB
Other documents can be required.
The manufacturer, which is not established in one of the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union, is not entitled to apply for any EAC conformity certificate.
In accordance with applicable law and in accordance with the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union, only an entrepreneur residing in the territory of the Customs Union may be designated as an authorized representative.
In order to get the conformity certificate, the foreign manufacturer must appoint an authorized representative in one of the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union. He represents the interests in the certifying bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union regarding the safety and quality of products and compliance with technical regulations. Our company - Schmidt & Schmidt - offers you an authorized representative on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The products declared according to technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union must be marked with the EAC conformity mark before placing on the market. The conformity mark shall be affixed to each unit and (or) shipping documents. The marking must be carried out in such a way that it is easily recognizable and legible throughout the entire shelf life of the product. Appropriate marking may only be made if the corresponding production meets the requirements of all relevant technical regulations.
Period of validity of EAC conformity assessment certificates
The validity period of the EAC certificate or EAC declaration differs depending on the applied technical regulations, the selected scheme, the type of production (serial production, individual delivery, etc.) and equipment and ranges on average from one to 5 years. Those parameters are determined in the respective technical regulation.
Duration and costs for EAC certification
The duration and costs associated with an EAC certificate application depend on several different factors, such as the classification of the product, any required laboratory checks and the complexity of all examinations. As such the exact conditions of the EAC certification are always determined individually based on the required documentation.
Please note that an application for an EAC certificate can takeseveral weeks to process.
Delivery of the documentation
If you order the EAC Certificate, you will receive a copy of it via email immediately after our successful certification procedure. The original document and two certified copies will be sent by post.