Switch and control cabinets are used for receiving, measuring, distributing electrical energy, protecting electrical circuits, supplying emergency power and controlling electrical systems and consist of cabinets, control units and connecting elements. Switchgear and control cabinets are usually supplied as individual cabinets ready for assembly.
Switch and control cabinets are usually manufactured completely in the production facilities and assembled on site. As the final assembly is not carried out in the manufacturing plant but on site, the conformity assessment commissioning of low-voltage switchgear and control cabinets have a number of special features.
Since February 15, 2013, in the field of EAC conformity assessment of switchgear and control cabinets, the following technical regulations of the EAWU apply:
- TR CU 004/2011 On safety of low-voltage equipment
- TR CU 020/2011 On electromagnetic compatibility
- TR СU 012/2011 On safety of the equipment for operation in explosive atmospheres
The switching and control cabinets and electrical distribution boards intended for alternating current from 50 to 1000 volts and direct current from 75 to 1500 volts are subject to obligatory EAC certification according to TR CU 004/2011 On the safety of low-voltage installations.
|1C||is intended for series production. The EAC certificate is issued for max. 5 years. The samples are tested and a manufacturing audit is carried out. On the basis of test protocols, examination of technical documentation and results of the audit, the EAC certificate is issued.
An inspection control has to be carried out every year.
|3C||is intended for a batch/single delivery. In this scheme samples are also to be tested.|
|4C||is intended for a single delivery. In this scheme samples are also to be tested.|
Electrical switchgear and control cabinets or electrical distribution boards operating at medium voltage or high voltage are subject to conformity assessment according to national regulations such as GOST-R, GOST-K and STB, as no harmonized regulation has yet been introduced in this area at EAEU level.
In addition, switchgear and control cabinets may contain various components that can generate electromagnetic interference or are sensitive to such interference. Regardless of voltage, such electrical equipment is subject to mandatory EAC declaration according to TR ZU 020/2011 On electromagnetic compatibility. In this case, the EAC declaration may be replaced by the EAC certification on a voluntary basis.
|1D||is intended for serial production. This scheme requires the type examination of product samples. Type examination of product samples is carried out by the manufacturer.|
|2D||is intended for a single delivery. This scheme requires the type examination of product samples. Type examination of product samples is carried out by the manufacturer.|
|3D||is intended for serial production. This scheme requires product samples to be tested by a laboratory accredited by the EAEU.|
|4D||is intended for a single delivery. This scheme requires product samples to be tested by a laboratory accredited by the EAEU.|
|6D||is intended for serial production. This scheme requires product samples to be tested by a laboratory accredited by the EAEU.|
EAC certification of explosion-proof switch and control cabinets and electrical distribution boards
The conformity assessment of electrical switch and control cabinets or electrical distribution boards for usage in potentially explosive areas, for example in mining, is carried out according to TR СU 012/2011 On safety of the equipment for operation in explosive atmospheres.
According to the Technical Regulation TR CU 012/2011, the switchgear and control cabinets for operation in explosive atmospheres shall be constructed and produced in such a way, that an explosion or a fire can be prevented as a result of operational use under the intended conditions.
|1C||EX Certification is intended for serial production. In this case, samples are to be tested and a manufacturing audit is to be carried out. The certificate is issued on the basis of test reports, examinations of the technical documentation and the results of the audit.
An inspection control must also be carried out every year.
|3C||EX certification is intended for serial production. In this case, samples are to be tested and a manufacturing audit is to be carried out. The certificate is issued on the basis of test reports, examinations of the technical documentation and the results of the audit.
An inspection control must also be carried out every year.
|4C||EX Certification is intended for a single delivery. In this case, samples are also to be tested.|
The EX certification of the EAEU is similar in many ways to the European system of ATEX certification according to RL 2014/34/EU or RL 94/9/EG. However, there are some fundamental differences. If you already have an ATEX certificate for your switchgear and control cabinets, this can simplify but not replace EX certification for the Russian or Kazakh market.
For the export of explosion-proof equipment to Russia, Kazakhstan and the Eurasian Economic Union, the EX certificate is required and cannot be replaced by an ATEX certificate.
The certification is carried out on an analytical basis of the technical documentation and internal test reports, or by test reports provided by accredited testing laboratories, as well as on the basis of a manufacturing audit on site.
Usually the EAC conformity assessment procedure consists in the following steps:
- step: application at an accredited certification body in the EAEU
- step: examination of the documents by the certification body
- step: classification of the product and selection of the samples
- step: tests and analysis
- step: manufacturing audit (if provided by the technical regulation)
- step: issuance of the certificate
- step: surveillance of the certified products (if required)
The basic safety requirements for the switchgear and control cabinets are specified in article 4 of TR CU 004/2011 and article 4 of TR CU 020/2011.
The general technical requirements and testing methods for switchgear and control cabinets are specified in GOST R 51321.-2007 “Low voltage switchgear and control equipment. Part 1. Type-tested and partially type-tested assemblies. General technical requirements and test procedures”.
This document contains the full test of the international standard IEC 60439-1: 1992 “Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear. Part 1. Type-tested and partially type-tested assemblies” with amendments and additional requirements taking into account the requirements of the Russian industry. In GOST R 51321.1-2007, low-voltage switchgear is defined as follows: a low-voltage switchgear is a combination of low-voltage switchgear and control devices, as well as measuring, signaling, protection, control devices, etc., fully assembled by the manufacturer of the low-voltage switchgear with all internal electrical and mechanical connections and with suitable structural elements. The devices that make up the low-voltage switchgear may be electromechanical or electronic.
The document GOST R 51321.1-2007 provides the designer and manufacturer freedom of action in terms of design and external dimensions, but only on condition that the following conditions are ensured:
- protection against short-circuit currents and overloads
- specified temperature regime
- protection from the influence of harmful environmental factors
- safety and ease of maintenance
- protection of persons against electric shock, etc.
Furthermore, depending on the type, such devices must be tested for compliance with additional standards. The following documents serve as such standards:
- GOST R 51321.2-2009 "Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear. Part 2. special requirements for conductor rails”
- GOST IEC 61439-1-2013 "Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear. Part 1. General requirements"
- GOST IEC 60439-3-2012 "Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear. Part 3. Particular requirements for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear intended to be installed in locations where unskilled persons have access to their use. Test methods"
- GOST IEC 60439-4-2013 "Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear. Part 4. Particular requirements for assemblies for construction sites"
- GOST IEC 60715-2013 "Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear. Mounting on rails for mechanical support of electrical equipment in switchgear", etc.
Such equipment must also be tested for compliance with the requirements of GOST standards, which ensures compliance with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union 020/2011 "On electromagnetic compatibility" takes place. For example:
- GOST 30804.6.1-2013 "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Immunity of technical equipment for use in residential, commercial and light industrial environments. Requirements and test methods"
- GOST 30804.6.2-2013 (section 8) "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Immunity of technical equipment for use in industrial environments. Requirements and test methods"
- GOST 30804.6.4-2013 (section 7) "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Electromagnetic interference from technical equipment for use in industrial environments. Limits and test methods"
- GOST R 52507-2005 "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Residential and building electronics. Requirements and test methods"
The procedure for verification of compliance with GOST R 51321-2007 should be subject only to finished low-voltage switchgear with all possible options for their arrangement and equipment prescribed by the technical code. Since it is about the plant as a whole, not only the enclosures are tested, but the entire electrical system. The safety and reliability of its operation directly depends on the correct installation of the functional blocks, the organization of their power supply and connection, the laying of power cables and secondary lines.
All internal components of the low-voltage switchgear must comply with the requirements of the relevant standards. Possible problems with the coordination of components, e.g. motor starters with short-circuit protection devices, must also be solved. The coordinated operation of the units of low-voltage switchgear must also comply with the requirements of the relevant standards.
Required documents for the certification
- detailed product description
- technical drawing and pictures
- instruction manual
- technical passport
- test report
- data sheet
- copy of the certificate of quality management system
- test report of the manufacturing audit for serial production
- delivery contract and shipping documents
- EX certificate of explosion-proof components
After the conformity assessment has been successfully completed, the products must be marked with the EAC conformity mark. EAC is an abbreviation for Eurasian Conformity. The EAC mark should be placed on each individual production unit, packaging or accompanying documentation.
Requirements for the EAC conformity mark:
- good visibility with the naked eye
- dimensions of at least 5 mm
- monochrome color scheme or clear color contrast to the surface
- good visibility throughout the life of the product
Marking on the nameplate
On the switch and control cabinets themselves and on the packaging must be placed the nameplate with the following information:
- denomination (type, model, brand)
- technical characteristics
- trademark of the manufacturer
- manufacturing date: year and month
- country of origin
- EAC conformity mark
- energy consumption labeling on the exhibition equipment
If the nameplate cannot be affixed to the device, this information must be included in the operating instructions.
In addition the instruction manual contains the following information:
- scope of application of the device
- parameters and technical data
- conditions for safe use
- information on disposal, assembly, transport and storage
- manufacturer and his address
- importer and his address
- manufacturing date
All information must be in Russian or/and the official language of the member state of the Eurasian Economic Union.
In accordance with applicable law and in accordance with the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union, only an entrepreneur residing in the territory of the Customs Union may be designated as an authorized representative.
In order to get the conformity certificate, the foreign manufacturer must appoint an authorized representative in one of the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union. He represents the interests in the certifying bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union regarding the safety and quality of products and compliance with technical regulations. Our company - Schmidt & Schmidt - offers you an authorized representative on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The validity period of the EAC certificate or EAC declaration for switch and control cabinets and electrical distribution boards differs depending on the applied technical regulations, the selected scheme, the type of production (serial production, individual delivery, etc.) and equipment and ranges on average from one to 5 years. Those parameters are determined in the respective technical regulation.
The duration and costs associated with an EAC certificate application for switch and control cabinets and electrical distribution boards depend on several different factors, such as the classification of the product, any required laboratory checks and the complexity of all examinations. As such the exact conditions of the EAC certification are always determined individually based on the required documentation.
Please note that an application for an EAC certificate can take several weeks to process.
If you order the EAC Certificate on switch and control cabinets and electrical distribution boards, you will receive a copy of it via email immediately after our successful certification procedure. The original document and two certified copies will be sent by post.