The technical regulation TR EAEU 049/2020 specify requirements for pipelines for the transport of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons during planning, construction, operation, disposal as well as the rules for conformity assessment.
This technical set of rules has been developed to ensure the protection of human life and / or health, property, the environment, the life and / or health of animals and plants, to prevent misleading actions by consumers, and to ensure energy efficiency and to ensure resource conservation.
Adopted on December 23, 2020
Entered into force on July 1, 2021
Transitional period until July 2023
Area of application
- Pipelines, including their branches, with a nominal diameter of up to and including DN 1,400, with an overpressure of 1.2 to and including 14 MPa
- Pipelines, including their branches, with a nominal diameter up to and including DN 1,400, with an overpressure of over 1.2 up to and including 25 MPa
TR EAEU 049/2020 does not apply to:
- Gas distribution network
- Pipelines from autonomous gas supply networks and LPG compressor stations
- Offshore pipelines
- Pipelines in the field
- Pipelines for the transport of a large part of light hydrocarbons and liquefied hydrocarbon gases
- Pipelines for the implementation and maintenance of technological
- Processes for the extraction and / or processing of hydrocarbon raw materials
Conformity assessment procedure
The confirmation of conformity with the requirements of the technical regulation TR EAEU 049/2020 takes place in the following forms:
- Examination of the design documents (including the results of geotechnical investigations) during construction
- Construction supervision (technical supervision), property supervision and state supervision during the construction phase (or the renovation)
- Acceptance after completion of the construction (the conversion)
- Operational control, state control (supervision) during operation
- Construction supervision and property supervision during disposal
The pipelines (parts of pipelines) that meet the requirements of this technical regulation and have passed the conformity assessment procedure in the form of an acceptance after completion of the construction (the renovation) are marked with an EAC mark. The EAC mark is affixed to the upper left part of the first sheet of the inspection certificate for the pipeline (the part of the pipeline).
Transitional period of the TRs EAEU 049/2020
According to the technical regulations, a transition period until July 2023 was introduced. During the transition period it is possible to develop, approve and certify the design documents for the parts of the pipelines for the transport of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons in accordance with the national legislation of the EAEU states.
A renewed issuance of the developed and approved design documents as well as the passing of the state examination procedure before the entry into force of the technical regulations, after their entry into force is not necessary.
The validity of the certificate for series production is 5 years, for batches or individual deliveries the term is unlimited.