The Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 038/2016 On safety of attractions sets the binding safety requirements that apply to mobile temporary and permanent attractions for the protection of life, health and the environment. Special attention is paid to the safety requirements for water attractions and when children are involved. The TR EAEU 038/2016 also serves to prevent misleading actions against the consumer.
In addition, this Technical Regulation should ensure free movement of goods.
Adopted on October 18, 2016
Came into force on May 18, 2018
Application area of TR EAEU 038/2016
The technical regulation TR EAEU 038/2016 applies to the following attractions with a biomechanical effect with the risk potential RB-1, RB-2 and RB-3:
- temporarily installed (mobile) attractions
- permanent attractions (with or without a solid foundation)
TR EAEU 038/2016 does not apply to:
The TR EAEU 038/2016 does not apply to equipment on children's playgrounds and attractions with insignificant potential biomechanical risk (RB-4), as well as attractions that have been manufactured and put into operation before the entry into force of this regulation.
The conformity assessment process
Attractions may not enter into the market of Russia and the EAEU until they comply with the requirements of this and other EAEU Technical Regulations and the conformity of the products has been confirmed by an EAC marking.
Confirmation of conformity with the requirements of the Technical Regulations TR EAWU 038/2016 The safety of attractions is given in the following forms:
- The compulsory EAC Certification according to TR EAEU 038/2016 On safety of attractions is subject to attractions with high biomechanical risk potential, with the possibility to inflict life-threatening injuries.
- The EAC Declaration applies to attractions with medium biomechanical risk potential, i.e. with possibility of damage associated with serious personal injury and (or) temporary incapacity for work.
- Attractions with low biomechanical risk potential are not subject to a declaration of conformity according to TR EAEU 038/2016.
The certification is carried out exclusively by notified bodies, which are registered as such in the uniform register of the notified bodies and test laboratories of the EAEU.
The supporting documents must be submitted in Russian or in the official language of the Member State of the Customs Union. The accompanying documents include:
- technical description and documentation
- construction documents (drawings and diagrams)
- instruction manual
- a list of security features
- test reports
- data sheet
The products declared or certified according to TR EAEU 038/2016 must be marked with the EAC conformity marking before launch. The conformity mark shall be affixed to each electrical and electronic device in such a way as to ensure recognition and legibility throughout the life cycle of the product. If direct marking of the device is not possible, it must be made on the packaging and the instruction manual. The product shall only be marked if it meets the requirements of all technical regulations under which it falls.
Period of validity of the EAC Certificate
The EAC Certificate for serial production is valid for 5 years.
TR EAEU 038/2016 On safety of attractions in Russian language