The Technical Regulation of the customs union TR CU 031/2012 On safety of agricultural or forestry operation vehicles and trailers sets the binding safety requirements that apply to agricultural and forestry vehicles and trailers and their components for the protection of life, health, the environment and property. It also serves to prevent misleading actions with regard to their intended use and safety toward the consumer.
The Technical Regulation TR CU 031/2012 is intended to ensure the uniform application and enforcement of the requirements for agricultural and forestry vehicles and trailers and their components in the customs union.
It also serves to ensure the free movement of goods.
Adopted on July 20, 2012
Came into force on February 15, 2015
From February 15, 2017 onwards, pollutions obtained from combustion engines emitted by tractors may not exceed the values outlined in the following regulations:
- UN/ECE-Regulation № 49 (04)
- UN/ECE-Regulation № 96 (02)
According to TR CU 030/2012, the construction of agricultural and forestry vehicles and trailers must ensure safety throughout the entire life cycle.
Application area of TR CU 031/2012
The Technical Regulation TR CU 031/2012 applies to agricultural and forestry vehicles and trailers.
TR CU 031/2012 applies to:
- wheeled agricultural and forestry tractors and their trailers, regardless of their country of origin, as well as their components
- mechanical towing devices
- acoustic warning devices
- reflective devices
- taillights and brake lights
- direction indicators
- lights for the rear registration plate
- headlights for low beam
- dimmed headlights
- fog lights
- rear fog lamps
- reversing lights
- speed limiters
- rearview mirror
- safety belts
TR CU 031/2012 does not apply to:
- artistic or custom-made tractors and trailers as individual pieces
- tractors and trailers which have been placed on the market before the entry into force of this Technical Regulation of the customs union, used tractors and trailers already in service or undergoing repairs in the territory of the customs union
The conformity assessment process
Agricultural and forestry vehicles and trailers and their components may only be put into circulation on the market of Russia and the EAEU if these meet the requirements of this and other Technical Regulations of the EAEU and the conformity of the products was confirmed by the EAC marking.
The conformity assessment with the requirements of the Technical Regulation TR CU 031/2012 On safety of agricultural or forestry operation vehicles and trailers is carried out in the form of the EAC Certification according to the following schemes:
- series production - Scheme 1c
- serial delivery - Scheme 3c
- single-unit production - Scheme 4c
The certification of tractors, trailers, and components is carried out exclusively by accredited bodies, which are registered as such in the uniform register of accredited bodies and test laboratories of the EAEU.
The supporting documents must be submitted in Russian or in the official language of the member state of the customs union. The accompanying documents include:
- technical description and documentation
- design documents (drawings and diagrams)
- instruction manual
- list of security features
- delivery contract
- a href="/technical-documentation/test-report">test reports
- data sheet
The products certified according to TR CU 031/2012 must be marked with the EAC conformity marking before launch. The marking shall be affixed to each tractor and trailer or to the manufacturing plate (identification plate) in such a way as to ensure recognizability and legibility throughout the life cycle of the product. When marking individual components, the marking shall be affixed to each part (if possible) and the corresponding packaging. The affixing of the marking on the operating instructions is necessary in any case. A corresponding marking may only be made if the corresponding product meets the requirements of all Technical Regulations under which it falls.
Period of validity of EAC Certificate
The EAC Certificate for serial production is valid for 5 years.