The Technical Regulation of the customs union TR CU 034/2013 On safety of meat and meat products sets the binding uniform safety requirements that apply to meat and meat products and to related processes of production, storage, disposal, transport and distribution on the market of the EAEU. The rules serve to protect the life and health of humans and animals, the environment and from misleading actions against the consumer.
The Technical Regulation TR CU 034/2013 is intended to ensure uniform application and enforcement of meat and meat products requirements in the customs union, as well as the free movement of goods.
Adopted on Octrober 9, 2013
Came into force on May 1, 2014
Meat and meat products may not enter the EAEU market until they comply with the requirements of this and other EAEU Technical Regulations.
Application area of TR CU 034/2013
The TR CU 034/2013 applies to:
- slaughterhouse and meat products
- processes of production, storage, disposal, transport and distribution
TR CU 034/2013 does not apply to:
- special meat products except for children's food
- slaughterhouse and meat products produced on the basis of milk and milk products and intended for use in special food (except milk and milk products for children)
- slaughterhouse and meat products, as well as the related processes of production, storage, transport, and distribution, which are produced by private individuals or private farms, are intended exclusively for private consumption and are therefore not intended for distribution on the EAEU market
The conformity assessment process
The conformity assessment with the requirements of the Technical Regulation TR CU 034/2013 is carried out in the form of EAC Declaration.
The supporting documents for meat and meat products must be printed in the Russian language or in the official language of the member state of the customs union. The accompanying documents include:
- test reports
- data sheet
- technical documentation
- copy of the certificate of conformity
- copy of the quality management system certificate
- protocols of the manufacturing audit for serial production
The products declared according to TR CU 034/2013 must be marked with the EAC marking before launch. The mark shall be applied to every package of meat and meat products. In this case, the marking must take place in such a way that it is easily recognizable and legible throughout the entire minimum durability. The accompanying documents must also contain the EAC marking.
Period of validity of the EAC Declaration
The validity of the EAC Declaration for serial production of meat and meat products is 5 years.