Strength calculation of pressure equipment is a mandatory verification, which is necessary for a conformity assessment procedure according to TR CU 032/2012 “On safety of pressure equipment”.
The strength calculation serves to assess the breakage safety of the equipment at the permissible voltages. The procedure is conducted by a computer program, which calculates the strength and stability of tanks, devices and their components in order to evaluate their load-bearing capacity under operating conditions as well as under test conditions. For calculating strength of separate plant elements, which all operate under the same pressure, the wall thickness and the permitted pressure shall be identified by using calibration calculation. The initial data used for the calculation includes the type, the geometrical characteristic and the material, of which the components consists, or rather the type, the position of the support elements and the load value. The results are summarized in the form of a complete report on the components of a plant, including all the intermediate results of the calculation.
A strength calculation includes the following information:
- Input data for the calculation
- A photo of the pressure equipment
- Operating conditions
- Conditions of the calculation
- Calculation results
The basis of the methods applied is provided by:
- PNAE G-7-002-68 Rules of strength calculation for equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants
- NP-068-05 Valves for nuclear power plants. General technical requirements
- GOST R 52857.4-2007 Vessels and apparatus. Norms and methods of strength calculation. Strength and leak-tightness calculation of flange joints
Scope of application
- Pressure equipment
- Heating boilers
- Equipment parts with safety function
- Pressure-maintaining components
- Nuclear power plants
- Transport and processing objects for oil and gas
- Electrical power plants
- Common industrial and civil objects
- Drawing of a total view of the product, for which a calculation is required
- Materials, from which the single components are produced, including specifications of the regulatory document
- Operational description and the conditions for loading the structure
- Type of loading (Pressure, temperature, lifetime, period of calculation, pipe stress, response spectrum due to earthquake effects ecc.)
- Regulatory document, for which the calculation is carried out
Time duration and costs strength calculation
Time duration and costs of strength calculation depend on different factors, such as the type of commodity and the complexity of the tests required.
The exact conditions of issuing the passport are always determined individually on the basis of the documents received.
Please note that the application for strength calculation can take several days or weeks.
Delivery of documents
You will receive a copy of your strength calculation by e-mail immediately after the procedure has been successfully completed. In just a few days, the original will be delivered to you by post.