The passport for pressure vessels contains, as the most important document, details on the intended use, assembly, commissioning, use and maintenance and if necessary on the improper use of pressure vessels, pressure equipment and pressure pipes. The hazard of pressure vessels originates from the stored energy in the pressurized medium. This energy arises as a result of volume change work, which depends on the fluid properties, the volume of the vessel and the pressure. As most accidents occur due to improper use, a passport for pressure vessels shall be issued in order to prevent accidents and ensure safety.
A passport for pressure vessels has to be issued in order to fulfill the requirements of the technical regulations TR CU 032/2013. Furthermore pressure vessels underlie the legislation of the Russian Federation, especially the following regulations:
- GOST 34347-2017 Steel welded vessels and apparatus
- Decision of march 25, 2014 no. 116 Codes and Rules in the field of industrial safety
According to the existing directives, a manufacturer may issue a passport for pressure vessels either by himself or by a third party.
Scope of application
According to the technical regulation TR CU 032/2013 a passport for pressure equipment is a required prerequisite for conformity assessment for the following types of plants:
- Pressure tanks
- Heating boiler
- Equipment parts with safety function
- Pressure-maintaining components
Subject of the pressure vessel passport
Each passport of pressure vessels, as well as other safety passports, has to contain the following aspects:
- Product name, product description and serial number
- Lifetime of the pressure tank
- Informations about the manufacturer / vendor / supplier
- Information about the raw material, from which a pressure vessel is manufactured
- Characteristics of the product and methods for its use
- Precautionary measures when using this product
- Informations about recycling and disposal
- List of technical documentation according to which the product was manufactured
Time duration and costs of issuing the pressure vessel passport
Time duration and costs of issuing a pressure vessel passport depend on different factors, such as the type of commodity and the complexity of the tests required.
The exact conditions of issuing the passport are always determined individually on the basis of the documents received.
Please note that the application for a pressure vessel passport can take several days or weeks.
Delivery of documents
You will receive a copy of your pressure vessel passport by e-mail immediately after the procedure has been successfully completed. In just a few days, the original will be delivered to you by post.