Products to be placed on the market in Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union for the first time are subject to the conformity assessment in accordance with the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union in form of an EAC certification or EAC declaration. If the conformity check is successful, the products must be marked with the EAC conformity mark. EAC is an abbreviation for Eurasian Conformity .
The EAC is very similar to the European CE marking.
The EAC marking is necessary to inform consumers and supervisory authorities of the Eurasian Economic Union whether products comply with the safety requirements and Technical Regulations and that all necessary tests have been carried out.
The uniform EAC marking of the Eurasian Economic Union with the EAC mark was defined by the board decision of the EAEU comission No. 711 from 15.07.2011.
The EAC conformity mark may only be affixed to the products which meet all requirements of the Technical Regulations of the EAEU. Only in this case can the products be imported into the territory of the EAEU and sold there.
Important characteristics of the EAC Marking
- Products that underlie more than one Technical Regulation due to the nature of the product, must also be equipped with an EAC marking. All applicable Technical Regulations must be taken into account.
- It is the responsibility of the producer of a product to consider which Technical Regulations apply.
- The product may only be brought to market and used if it fulfills the regulations of all applicable Technical Regulations and thus the conformity assessment with all applicable regulations has been done.
- The producer attached the EAC marking to the product.
- If requested, a name of certification body is to be appointed.
- Besides the EAC marking, no other symbols or seals of approval that could question the validity of the EAC marking are allowed.
- The EAC identifier confirms the full compliance with the "essential safety requirements" that are determined in the Technical Regulations.
EAC marking and its requirements
The EAC marking consists of a combination of three stylized letters "E", "A" and "C", the mark has the same height and width forming a rectangle. The symbol must be placed on a contrasting background.
The dimensions of the EAC mark must ensure it is easily legible with the naked eye on the background and must be no less than 5 mm.
The EAC sign can be installed in any manner that guarantees its legibility throughout the lifespan of products.
The EAC label should be attached to each individual production unit, piece of packaging or accompanying documentation.
The EAC label should be monochrome and the color in contrast to the surface.
It is inadmissible to use the EAC marking in the manner that may mislead the consumer with regard to the importance of the EAC marking. The misuse of the EAC marking can lead to criminal consequences.