All alcoholic beverages must prove their conformity with the EAEU technical standards before import into Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU). The conformity assessment is carried out in the form of the EAC Declaration.
The following technical regulations are relevant for the conformity assessment process for beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages:
- TR CU 021/2011 On safety of food
- TR CU 022/2011 On food marking
- TR CU 029/2013 On safety of food additives, flavour enhancer and processing accessories.
The Commission of the Eurasian Economic Union is currently developing a new special technical regulation "On Safety of Alcoholic Beverages". Until then, the three technical regulations mentioned above must be considered.
The EAC Declaration is a manufacturer's declaration that the products meet the minimum requirements of the technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union. The declaration is filled out by the manufacturer himself. The EAC Declaration becomes legally binding after its registration by a notified body in the EAEU. The registration of the EAC Declaration may only be carried out by a company established in the EAEU. Therefore an authorized representative within the EAEU is required. If you need an authorized representative, we will be pleased to offer you a suitable company that takes over this function.
For registration of the EAC Declaration, the notified body must submit positive test reports. The test protocols are issued by special laboratories accredited in the EAEU on the basis of test reports. For the conformity assessment process, the tests carried out by the manufacturer himself and the certificates at hand are also of great importance.
In addition to the EAC Declaration, a voluntary GOST R certificate can be applied for. The voluntary GOST certificate is issued on the applicant's own initiative. The voluntarily certified products may be marked with the certification marking. The voluntary certification is well suited if the manufacturer emphasizes the special characteristics of his product and thus wants to convince customers of the high quality of the products.
The voluntary GOST R certificate contains a reference to the EAC Declaration. GOST R certificate does not replace the EAC Declaration!
EAC Conformity Marking
After registering the EAC Declaration, the packaging must be marked with the EAC conformity mark . EAC is an abbreviation for Eurasian Conformity. The EAC label should be attached to each individual production unit, packaging or accompanying documentation.
Requirements for the EAC conformity marking:
- EAC marking must be easy to read with the naked eye
- dimensions are not less than 5 mm
- EAC marking should be monochrome and colour contrast to the surface
- EAC sign can be placed in any way that guarantees its legibility throughout the life of products
When marking the products, the requirements of the technical regulation TR CU 022/2011 concerning food labelling must be taken into consideration.
The label must be printed in a clear and comprehensible form in the Russian language or in the official language of the EAEU Member State.
Labelling of beer
The following information is applied to a label, back label, a crown cork and directly to the consumption packaging:
- name, address of manufacturer and importer
- country of origin
- trademark of the manufacturer
- beer wort
- minimum content of ethyl alcohol
- beer composition
- expiration date
- storage conditions
- volume in litres
- EAC Marking
The empties for beer must be additionally certified according to the technical regulations TR CU 021/2011 On safety of food.
Labelling of wine
- product name (for example, sparkling wine)
- sugar content (except for dry wines, brandy, brandy and calvados, for sparkling wines such as "brut", "dry", "semi-dry", "sweet")
- name, address of the manufacturer
- the name of the bottler, if the product is not bottled by the manufacturer
- the trademark of the manufacturer
- nominal volume
- composition (for wine, brandy, brandy, cocktails)
- for wine: a year of production, geographical origin, identification of the wine: quality wine, common grape wines
- bottling date
- expiration date
- excise stamps
- the indication of the alcoholic age and other restrictions on the use of the wine product
- storage conditions
- EAC marking
Alcoholic beverages shall be marked with a label "not recommended for children under the age of 18 years, for pregnant and breastfeeding women, as well as for people who are suffering from increased nervous irritability, insomnia, hypertension".
When exporting alcoholic beverages to Russia and the EAEU, other aspects must also be considered. You can read more about import licenses, customs clearance of spirits and purchase of control marks here.
The manufacturer, which is not based in one of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union, is not entitled to request the conformity assessment of alcohol to comply with the requirements of the relevant technical regulations.
In order to be able to carry out a conformity assessment, the foreign manufacturer must commission a authorized representative in one of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union. This then represents the foreign manufacturer's interest in working with the certification bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union with regard to the safety and quality of products and compliance with technical regulations.
Our export consultants have many years of experience in the import of alcoholic beverages to Russia and its customs processing. We offer a comprehensive service package, which includes the preparation of all necessary documents, the corresponding customs handling, and the logistics. We will help you acquire necessary certificates and permits.
- counselling on all questions about the import of alcoholic beverages
- execution of copies of conformity certificates
- provision of an authorized representative
- execution of all necessary documentation
- translation of documents into Russian(labels, product descriptions, etc.)
- customs clearance
- communication with end comsumers
- execution of foreign trade contracts
- Delivery to any place in the world
We rely on the German commercial tradition of management. Responsibility, competence and loyalty are not empty words for us, but the basis of our commercial philosophy. Our customers choose us because we prove every day that our services are the right choice for those who appreciate both your time and money. That is why we guarantee:
- personal handling of each order
- high quality of services
- swift processing of your documents
- free from defect of title
Our goal is to establish a mutually beneficial business relationship with all of our clients and partners.