All electrical equipment, including household appliances, should be conform to the technical requirements and be certified according to the standards before being placed into the market in Russia and in the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU). Since February 15, 2013, the conformity assessment procedure has been carried out according to the following EAEU technical regulations:
- Technical regulations TR CU 004/2011 On safety of low voltage systems
- Technical regulations TR CU 020/2011 On electromagnetic compatibility
- Technical regulations TR EAEU 037/2016 On restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (from March 1, 2018)
The technical regulation TR CU 004/2011 On safety of low voltage systems affects all low voltage devices which are intended for the alternating current of 50 to 1000 volts and direct current 75 to 1500 volts.
The technical regulation TR CU 020/2011 On electromagnetic compatibility applies to all devices that can generate electromagnetic interference or to those devices which functionality depends on the influence of external electromagnetic interference. The technical regulation TR CU 020/2011 does not apply to the use of radio frequencies of the governments. This is regulated exclusively by the national legislation of the Member States of the Customs Union.
The technical regulations TR EAEU 037/2016 On restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment sets the uniform requirements for permissible concentrations of lead, mercury, cadmium and hexavalent chromium in the manufactured electrical devices.
Conformity assessment for electrical appliances and household appliances
There are two types of conformity assessment for electrical appliances:
The EAC declaration or the EAC certification can only be applied for by the company established in the Eurasian Economic Union. For this reason an authorized representative within the EAEU is required. If you need an authorized representative, we will be happy to offer you a suitable company that takes over this function.
List of appliances that are subject to EAC Certification:
- electric appliances (washing machines, dryers, irons, kitchen appliances, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and fans, hair styling and hairdryers, massage equipment, fitness machines, sewing machines, extension cables)
- computers, printers, scanners, copiers
- devices that can be connected to electronic computer equipment
- electrical tools
- electronic musical instruments
- radio, CD-players etc.
- video cameras, video recorders, television
The EAC certificate is an official proof. The EAC certificate may only be issued by an independent notified body accredited in a Member State of the Customs Unity, after a quality inspection. In order to apply for the EAC certificate, the applicant must submit certain documents.
List of appliances that are subject to EAC Declaration:
All other devices that are on the list of appliances subject to certification need the mandatory EAC Declaration according to TR CU 004/2011, TR CU 020/2011 TR EAEU 037/2016.
The EAC Declaration is prepared upon the request of the applicant and submitted to the Russian accredited notified body. The EAC Declaration must be recorded in the EAEU uniform register by a notified body accredited in the Member State of the EAEU. The declaration registered in the EAEU is valid in the entire EAEU.
In addition to the EAC declaration, one can apply for a voluntary GOST R certificate. The voluntarily certified products may be marked with the certification marking. Any product can be certified according to GOST standards in order to convince customers of the quality of products. The voluntary certificate GOST R then contains a reference to the EAC Declaration.
- instruction manual
- test reports
- data sheet
- technical documentation
- a copy of certificate of conformity
- a copy of certificate from quality management system
- reports of manufacturing audit for series production
- a supply contract and shipping documents
The certification is carried out on the analytical basis of the technical documentation and the company internal test reports or the test reports provided by a notified body as well as possibly on the basis of a manufacturing audit on the ground.
The application for a certificate can take place according to different procedures: for single deliveries, for serial deliveries, and for serial production. More info>>
The manufacturer, which is not based in one of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union, is not entitled to request the conformity assessment of electrical devices to comply with the requirements of the technical regulations.
In order to be able to carry out a conformity assessment, the foreign manufacturer must commission a authorized representative in one of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union. This then represents the foreign manufacturer's interest in working with the certification bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union with regard to the safety and quality of products and compliance with technical regulations.
If the conformity check is successful, the products must be marked with the EAC conformity mark. EAC is an abbreviation for Eurasian Conformity. The EAC marking should be attached to each individual production unit, packaging or accompanying documentation.
Requirements for the EAC conformity marking:
- EAC marking must be easy to read with the naked eye
- Dimensions are not less than 5 mm
- The EAC marking should be monochrome and colour contrast to the surface
- The EAC sign can be placed in any way that guarantees its legibility throughout the life of products
The label should be placed on the device itself and on the packaging with the following information:
- designation (type, model, brand)
- technical characteristics
- trademark of the manufacturer
- country of origin
- EAC Conformity marking
If the label cannot be placed onto the device, this information must be included in the operating instructions.
In addition, the operating instructions include the following data:
- application area of the device
- technical data
- conditions for safe use
- information on disposal, assembly, transport, and storage
- manufacturer and his address
- importer and his address
- date of manufacture
All information must be provided in Russian and/or in the official language of one of the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Our export consultants have many years of experience in the import of electrical equipment to Russia and its customs processing. We offer a comprehensive service package, which includes the preparation of all necessary documents, the corresponding customs handling, and the logistics. We will help you acquire necessary certificates and permits.
- counselling on all questions about the import of electrical appliances
- execution of copies of conformity certificates
- provision of an authorized representative
- execution of all necessary documentation
- translation of documents into Russian(labels, product descriptions, etc.)
- customs clearance
- communication with end comsumers
- execution of foreign trade contracts
- Delivery to any place in the world
We rely on the German commercial tradition of management. Responsibility, competence and loyalty are not empty words for us, but the basis of our commercial philosophy. Our customers choose us because we prove every day that our services are the right choice for those who appreciate both your time and money. That is why we guarantee:
- personal handling of each order
- high quality of services
- swift processing of your documents
- free from defect of title
Our goal is to establish a mutually beneficial business relationship with all of our clients and partners.