No doubt that quality of goods has a strong impact on many things, and first of all - on human health and activity. That is why it is essential to control continuously whether the manufactured products still meet the requirements of the technical regulations of the Eurasian ecocnomic Union according to which they were certified.
Surveillance is systematic iteration of conformity assessment activities as a basis for maintaining the validity of the statement of conformity. A surveillance of conformity assessment is only necessary for EAC certificates and not for EAC declarations.
The list of Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union, which require conducting the surveillance:
- TR CU 004/2011 "On safety of low-voltage equipment"
- TR CU 007/2011 "On safety of the products for children and teenagers"
- TR CU 008/2011"On safety of the toys"
- TR CU 010/2011"On safety of the machinery and equipment"
- TR CU 011/2011"On elevator safety"
- TR CU 012/2011 "On safety of the equipment for operation in explosive atmospheres"
- TR CU 016/2011 "On safety of appliances burning gaseous fuels "
- TR CU 017/2011"On safety of light industry products"
- TR CU 018/2011 “On safety of wheeled vehicles"
- TR CU 019/2011 “On safety of personal protection equipment"
- TR CU 020/2011 “On electromagnetic compatibility"
- TR CU 025/2012 "On safety of furniture"
- TR CU 031/2012 "On safety of agricultural or forestry operation vehicles and trailers"
- TR CU 032/2013 "On safety of pressure equipment"
Tasks of the surveillance
The main task of the surveillance is to control the validity of the statement of conformity for the product. The surveillance includes a full analysis of the production conditions. The surveillant is obliged to check the conformity of production facilities as well as all necessary documentation.
A pivotal document containing the process and procedure for surveillance conducting: GOST 31815-2012 “Conformity assessment. Conduction of surveillance in the certification procedures".
Conduction of surveillance
The surveillance is conducted by the conformity assessment body that issued the statement of conformity. It consists of the following steps:
- acquiring and analysis of information about the certified products;
- development and approval of the surveillance program;
- gathering the surveillance team;
- conducting the surveillance;
- registering the results;
- taking a decision based on the results.
Responsibility for surveillance activities
The certification body that issued the EAC certificate is responsible for carrying out the surveillance activities. At present, there is no clear regulation on the transfer of the rights to perform the inspection control from one certification body to the other. This could be of importance if the certification body that issued the EAC certificate no longer exists or loses its accreditation.
Results of the surveillance
The results of the surveillance must be documented. The final report assesses the results of samples testing and other checks and concludes if it is possible or impossible to maintain the validity of the issued statement of conformity.
If the deficiencies were identified, the report should state the necessity to undertake the corrective actions to eliminate the deficiencies.
The surveillance report must be submitted for review by the manufacturer. One copy of the report remains with the manufacturer. Another copy must be stored by the conformity assessment body.
Positive results of the surveillance can be taken into account by the conformity assessment body in order to extend the validity of the conformity certificate. In case of a negative assessment, the conformity assessment body can suspend or withdraw the statement of conformity.
Revocation of the statement of conformity
The conformity assessment body may decide to suspend or withdraw the statement of conformity in case of non-compliance of the products with the established requirements, as well as in the following cases:
- changes in the regulatory document for products or test methods;
- changes in the design (composition) and configuration of the products;
- changes in the company and/or production technology;
- changes (non-fulfilment) of technology requirements, control and testing methods, management system;
- refusal of the certificate of conformity holder to conduct or pay for the surveillance;
- the holder of the conformity certificate is not capable to provide the necessary conditions for conducting the surveillance within the prescribed period
Frequency of the surveillance
The frequency of the surveillance is individual for each company, but at least one time per year. Usually the first surveillance is not earlier than six months after the issuance of the conformity statement. Failure to carry out the surveillance is the reason for revocation of the certificate of conformity.
Cost and terms of the surveillance
The term for completing this procedure is 5 to 30 calendar days.
The cost of the service depends on many aspects and must be calculated individually.
Schmidt & Schmidt OHG support you during the whole process of the conformity assessment and after it.
We will provide you with a free, non-binding quote and will be glad to answer all your questions about import and certification. Convince yourself of the quality of our services!