The Technical Regulation TR CU 018/2011 On safety of wheeled vehicles has been developed primarily for the protection of life, health, property and the environment in EAEU countries as well as for the prevention of misleading markings. The regulation prescribes the requirements for the safety of motor vehicles on wheels (e.g. trucks and passenger cars) during the marketing and commissioning in the field of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The purpose of the Technical Regulation TR CU 018/2011 is both to ensure a socially acceptable level of safety in the operation of motor vehicles, as well as to coordinate with international technical standards of safety requirements for vehicles. The conformity assessment with the requirements of the Technical Regulation TR CU 018/2011 On safety of wheeled vehicles is one of the prerequisites for successful access to the Russian and Eurasian market.
Adopted on December 9, 2011
Came into force on January 1, 2015
Until July 1, 2016, the national conformity certificates were accepted for import into the countries of the customs union. From July 1, 2016 onwards the technical regulation TR CU 018/2011 On safety of wheeled vehicles permanently rendred the national technical regulation such as GOST or russian TR certification invalid.
TR CU 018/2011 consists of:
- safety requirements for motor vehicles on wheels
- rules for the marking of vehicles
- regulation of the circulation of motor vehicles on the market
- the conformity assessment with the requirements of the Technical Regulation
Application area of TR CU 018/2011
The requirements of the Technical Regulation TR CU 018/2011 apply to all motor vehicles on wheels, intended for use on public roads, for chassis and individual parts which may affect the safety of the vehicle.
According to TR CU 018/2011 no conformity assessment is needed for:
- motor vehicles with a maximum speed of up to 25 km/h
- motor vehicles intended exclusively for sports competitions
- cars and motorbikes older than 30 years
- trucks and buses older than 50 years
- temporary imports no longer than 6 months
- off-road and heavy commercial vehicles
- vehicles owned by refugees
- diplomatic vehicles
The conformity assessment according to TR CU 018/2011
There are four types of the conformity assessment with the safety requirements of the Technical Regulation concerning the safety of wheeled vehicles:
- vehicle type approval OTTS
- chassis type approval OTSсh
- individual operating permit for vehicles OBTS
- EAC Declaration oder EAC Certification for the safety- related parts
Every vehicle or component which has been confirmed to conform with the requirements of the Technical Regulation TR CU 018/2011 On safety of wheeled vehicles and for which type approval has been granted, an international ECE type approval marking is to be provided. The marking consists of a circle bearing the letter "E", the country code and the vehicle type-approval number.
We would be pleased to advise you professionally and competently on the EAC certification or declaration. We will verify free of charge whether your products are subject to the conformity certification obligation according to TR CU 018/2011 On safety of wheeled vehicles.