Products of the light industry like clothing, footwear and textiles must undergo the conformity assessment procedure before exporting to Russia and to the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union (consisting of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan).
Clothing, footwear and textiles must comply with the EAEU technical regulations before import into the EAEU area. There are three forms of conformity assessment for the products of the light industry:
It is important to note that the EAC declaration or EAC certification may only be applied for by a company established in the territory of the Customs Union, therefore an authorized representative within the Customs Union is required. If you need an authorized representative, we will be pleased to offer you a suitable company that takes over this function.
The relevant technical regulations are:
- Technical regulation TR CU 017/2011 On safety of light industry products
- Technical regulation TR CU 007/2011 On safety of the products for kids and teenagers
- Technical regulation TR CU 019/2011 On safety of personal protective equipment
The technical regulation TR CU 017/2011 On safety of light industry products consists of general requirements for the certification, marking, storage, transport and disposal of textiles, shoes and clothing.
Certification of clothings and textiles
Technical regulation TR CU 017/2011 On safety of light industry products has a wide range of subjects that its rules apply to:
- Everyday and sport clothing
- Home textiles
- Machine-made carpets and floor coverings
- leather goods
- Felt and non-wovens
- Furs and fur products
- Leather and leather goods
- Faux leather
For each product the technical regulations provide a procedure for the conformity assessment and the extent of it.
Following products are subject to EAC declaration according to TR CU 017/2011:
- Clothes I and II layer
- Knitted fabrics
- Fabrics and materials for underwear, bed linen and towels
- Clothes made of leather and fur
- Knitwear II layer
- Shoes, except felt shoes
- Machine-made carpets and floor coverings
The EAC declaration is issued upon the request of the applicant and is submitted to the Russian notified body. The EAC Declaration must be registered in the EAEU's single register by a notified body accredited in the EAEU Member State. A declaration registered in the EAEU applies to the entire EAEU.
Following products are subject to EAC certification according to TR CU 017/2011:
- Underwear, corsets and swimwear
- Bed linen
- Arm and leg wear I Layer
The EAC certificate may only be issued by an independent notified body accredited in a Member State of the Customs Union after a quality inspection. In order to apply for the EAC certificate, the applicant must provide the required documentation.
To obtain EAC certificate, following documents must be submitted:
- Test reports
- Technical documents, operating documents with information on the raw material, substances and accessories
- Copy of ISO certificates at hand
- Сertificate of origin
- Shipping documents
EAC declaration or EAC certificate are valid for up to five years.
The certification is based on the provided samples, as well as on the analytical basis of the technical documentation, the company internal test protocols and the test protocols provided by accredited test laboratories.
The label must be correct and legible. The label shall contain the following information:
- Product description
- Country of origin
- Information concerning the manufacturer or authorized representative
- Trademark (if any)
- EAC conformity marks
- date of manufacture
- Serial number (if required)
- Care Instructions
- Type and proportion of natural and chemical fibers
- Care symbols and special care
- shoe model
- upper material, material of deck and running sole
- shoe care
Additional information for clothing and textiles:
Additional information for shoes:
The information must be given in Russian and (or) in the official language of one of the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union. The placing on the market of products without corresponding marking can be punished with a fine and (or) confiscation.
Certification of children clothing
There are special technical regulations, which prescribe certain rules for children clothing and shoes. The technical regulation TR CU 007/2011 On safety of the products for kids and teenagers set the requirements for children clothing, shoes, and children products.
Prior to market approval, the products must be subjected to the mandatory conformity assessment in order to be in compliance with the requirements of the Technical regulation TR 007/2011. The following three procedures are provided for conformity assessment:
The EAC Certification according to TR CU 007/2011 applies to:
- bed linen
- outer garments
- head covers for children up to 1 year
- outerwear for children up to 1 year
- clothing and head covers made of fur for children up to 1 year
- footwear, except shoes made of wool
The EAC Declaration according to TR CU 007/2011 applies to:
- outerwear for children from 1 year
- winter head covers made of fur and fabric for children from 1 year
- wool shoes
- backpacks and bags
State registration of products for children and teenagers
The state registration of products takes place before the placing of products on the market of the EAEU. The state registration of products is carried out by the national monitoring authorities of the Member States in the field of sanitary and epidemiological control.
Following products are subjects to state registration:
- Underwear for children up to 3 years
- Knitted stockings for children up to 3 years
- Summer head covers for children up to 3 years
The data on the registered products are stored in a single register.
The state registration is valid for up to 5 years.
In addition to the EAC conformity mark, the label shall include the following:
- country of origin
- name and address of the manufacturer or his authorized representative
- name and purpose of use of the product
- date of manufacture
- storage life
Designations such as "environmentally-friendly", "orthopedic", etc., may not be used without corresponding proof.
Clothes for newborns and children up to 1 year must contain the indication "Pre-wash is required".
Certification of personal protective equipment
The technical regulation TR CU 019/2011 On safety of personal protective equipmentapplies to the textiles used for personal protective equipment.
The technical regulation TR CU 019/2011 applies to:
- Personal protective equipment for protection against mechanical effects and general industrial pollution
- Personal protective equipment for protection against harmful chemical agents
- Personal protective equipment for protection against ionizing and non-ionizing radiation
- Personal protective equipment for protection against the effects of increased or reduced temperature
- Personal protective equipment for protection against the effects of electricity, electrical or electromagnetic fields
- Special clothing for better visibility
- Means of complex individual protection
- Means of individual protection of the skin
The safety of personal protective equipment is carried out in the following forms:
- EAC Declaration
- EAC Certification
The EAC certificate is intended for: suits that protect against mineral oil, alkalis, acids, high or low temperatures.
The EAC declaration is intended for: safety shoes, protective suits against non-toxic dust, water and industrial dust, etc.
Once the conformity assessment is carried out, the products must be marked with the EAC conformity mark. EAC is an abbreviation for Eurasian Conformity. The EAC label should be attached to each individual production unit, packaging or accompanying documentation.
Requirements for the EAC conformity marking:
- EAC marking must be easy to read with the naked eye
- Dimensions are not less than 5 mm
- The EAC marking should be monochrome and colour contrast to the surface
- The EAC sign can be placed in any way that guarantees its legibility throughout the life of products
For personal protective equipment: the label is to be applied both directly to the means of personal protective equipment or to the label, that is difficult to separate, as well as to the packaging and the instruction manual. In this case, the marking should be attached on the mean of personal protective equipment, so this is easily recognizable and readable during the entire use cycle. In the case if protective equipment consists of several parts, each component shall be marked.
Our export consultants have many years of experience in the import of clothing to Russia and its customs processing. We offer a comprehensive service package, which includes the preparation of all necessary documents, the corresponding customs handling, and the logistics. We will help you acquire necessary certificates and permits.
- counselling on all questions about the import of clothing, shoes, textiles
- execution of copies of conformity certificates
- provision of an authorized representative
- execution of all necessary documentation
- translation of documents into Russian (labels, product descriptions, etc.)
- customs clearance
- communication with end comsumers
- execution of foreign trade contracts
- Delivery to any place in the world
We rely on the German commercial tradition of management. Responsibility, competence and loyalty are not empty words for us, but the basis of our commercial philosophy. Our customers choose us because we prove every day that our services are the right choice for those who appreciate both your time and money. That is why we guarantee:
- personal handling of each order
- high quality of services
- swift processing of your documents
- free from defect of title
Our goal is to establish a mutually beneficial business relationship with all of our clients and partners.