Technical regulation TR EAEU 047/2018 defines the minimal requirements for production, storage, transportation, putting into circulation and utilisation of alcoholic drinks. It also contains requirements for marking and packaging.
This technical regulation TR EAEU 047/2018 complements other regulations which concerns food, for instance TR CU 021/2011 On safety of food , TR CU 022/2011 On food marking and TR CU 029/2013 On safety of food additives, flavor enhancer and processing aids , TR CU On safety of packaging .
All requirements concerning alcoholic beverage must be respected.
Adopted December 5 2018
Comes into force February 5 2020
Application area of TR EAEU 047/2018
The technical regulation TR EAEU 047/2018 applies to all types of alcoholic beverages intended for use in the territory of the EAEU Member States.
TR EAEU 047/2018 is not applicable for:
- Alkoholic beverages which are intended for transit through the EAWU States
- Alkoholic beverages for scientific purposes
- Alkoholic beverages produced by private persons and only for private use
- Alkoholic beverages for export outside the EAEU
- Alkoholic beverages with Ethanol (see Annex 1)
Conformity assessment process
The conformity assessment is carried out in two forms:
- EAC Declaration (Schemes 3d, 4d, 6d)
- State Registration (according to TR CU 029/2013 On safety of food additives, flavor enhancer and processing aids).
The EAC Declaration of alcoholic beverage is carried out by a notified body in Russia.
The package must be conform with the requirements of the TR CU On safety of packaging .
The products that have been confirmed to conform with the requirements of TR EAEU On safety of alcoholic beverage are marked with the EAC sign of the customs union. Placing a product on the market without corresponding marking can be punished with a fine or confiscation.
Period of validity
The EAC Declaration is valid up to 3 years.
We would be pleased to advise you professionally and competently on the EAC certification or declaration. We will verify free of charge whether your products are subject to the conformity certification obligation according to TR EAEU 047/2018 On safety of packaging.