The Republic of the Congo is a state located in Central Africa. The country has a unitary semi-presidential system, with the president as head of state. Local currency is the Congolese Franc. The official language is French. Congo is a member of the United Nations (UN), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the AKT-Group and other international organisations.
The main economic pillar of Congo is the extraction and export of raw oil. This lead to the industrial sector becoming the leading sector in the country, currently accounting for roughly 68% of the country's total GDP. Other natural resources actively being mined include gold and iron. Despite the majority of the population working in agriculture, the sector only accumulates 5% of the GDP. Congo in general exhibits a high unemployment rate.
Congo has a mixed legal system. It mainly draws inspiration from belgian law and african unwritten law.
Corporate practice is regulated in department-specific statutes, among others the Investment Code and the Commercial Code.
Main types of businesses in Congo
- Société à responsabilité limitée – Limited liability company
- Société anonyme – Public limited company
- Société en Nom Collectif – General Partnership
- Société en Commandité simple – Simple limited partnership
- Groupement d'intérêt Economique – Economic interest grouping
The Registry of the Commercial Court (Greffe du Tribunal de Commerce) is responsibly for registration in the commercial register. All relevant documents for registration must be submitted to the "Centre des Formalités des Entreprises" (CFE).
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 7-14 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Legalization of extracts from Congo
Congo did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all congolese documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the commercial register of Congo can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Congo||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Congo||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|