Réunion is an island in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar and a french overseas department. The head of state is the president of France, local currency is the Euro. The official language is French.
Réunion has it's own court of appeals in Saint-Denis.
The island ranks among the economically most successful islands in the Indian Ocean. The economical pillars are agriculture, tourism and the production and export of both cane sugar and rum. Despite the economical success, the island suffers from a high unemployment rate and suboptimal distribution of wealth. In total, there are about 1.000 companies registered in Réunion.
Corporate practice is regulated by the french Commercial Code, the legal system in general is based on french law.
Main types of businesses
- L’entreprise individuelle – Individual enterprise
- La société à responsabilité limitée – Limited liability company
- L’entreprise unipersonnelle à responsabilité limitée – Limited liability company with one founder
- Société par actions simplifiée – “simplified” Joint-stock company (not involved in stock trading)
- Société anonyme – Joint-stock company
- Société en nom collectif- Registered partnership
- Groupement d’intérêt économique – Economic interest grouping
The commercial register of Réunion is part of the french commercial register (Registre du commerce et des sociétés - RCS). It is managed by commercial courts and a specifically assigned and authorised company.
The extract from the commercial register is an official document contain all accessible information on a company.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 3-5 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
France acceded to the The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents on 25 November 1964. As an overseas department of France, the Hague Convention also applies to Réunion.
Therefore, the documents issued in Réunion are subject to a simplified apostilling procedure, thus the documents gain full legal value in Convention member states after notarised translation.
Apostilling usually takes about two weeks.
In addition, you can order notarised translation from French.
An extract from the business register of Réunion can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Réunion||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Réunion||from 41,65€||from 35,00€|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 714,00 €||from 600,00 €|