Schmidt & Schmidt is offering the legalization of documents from Aruba by apostille.
Aruba has joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents together with the Netherlands in the year 1965. Therefore no diplomatic authentication or legalization of documents from Aruba is required for the legal communication with another member state of the convention. The documents only need to be stamped with an "apostille" by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
The apostilles are issued by the Directie Buitenlandse Betrekkingen (DBB) and Directie Wetgeving en Juridische Zaken (DWJZ).
Documents from Aruba can be used in the Netherlands without special legalization. Regardless, the can not be legalized by Dutch authorities.
What is an apostille?
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be issued exclusively on an original document. Hereby, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
- No registration or subscription
- Fast and reliable processing
- Payment by invoice
Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. All procedures within our company are strictly regulated. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.
Working with us is easy and convenient!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 5 to 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Aruba without international postage||from 476,00€||from 400,00 €|