Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Cape Verde by apostille.
Cape Verde has joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in the year 2009. Therefore no diplomatic authentication or legalization of documents from Cape Verde is required for the legal communication with another member state of the convention. The documents only need to be stamped with an "apostille" by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
Responsible for issuing the apostille are the following institutions:
- The Directorate of Registers and Notarial Affairs (Direcção-Geral dos Registos e Notariado)
- The Directorate of the Consular Service (Direcção-Geral dos Assuntos Consulares e Comunidades)
Documents issued by the authorities of Cape Verde, published in Portuguese or in the Caboveridian, can be apostilled.
The legalization process in Cape Verde includes verification of their origin and authenticity by authorized government officials. At the end of this procedure, a special stamp is applied to the document - an apostille. Usually the apostille is placed on the back of the document, or on a separate sheet, after which the document is stitched.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be issued exclusively on an original document. Therefor, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
In addition to the legalization of your documents, we can provide you with high quality translations.
If you want to bring company information before the court, it needs to be legalised as well. We are therefore offering extracts from the commercial register of Cape Verde including apostille and translation.
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Cape Verde without international shipping||from 357,00 €||from 300,00 €|