Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Turkmenistan.
Turkmenistan has not joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Therefore, documents from Turkmenistan cannot be legalized by apostille, they will only be recognized abroad after they undergo consular legalization, a procedure by which the signature and the seal of foreign documents are authenticated. Responsible is the respective embassy of the country in which the document shall be used.
The following documents can be legalized:
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Judicial decisions
- Notarized copies of documents
- Notarized translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
Consular legalization of foreign documents for use in Turkmenistan
All documents issued abroad will only be recognized in Turkmenistan if they are fully legalized for use in Turkmenistan. Prior to the legalization, a pre-authentification must be done. The following steps are required for the pre-authentification:
- All documents should contain an official letter from the Ministry of Justice or a district court of the respective country
- the original document should be translated into Russian by a sworn translator
- The original document and the translation should be bound together and certified by a notary
For the legalization itself, please, provide two copies of the document. One copy will be returned to you while the second one remains at the embassy. Should the second one be a copy, this copy must be made from the original. A notary must confirm the copy is identical with the original.
Consular legalization of documents from Turkmenistan
The exact legalization process of documents from Turkmenistan depends on the country you wish to use them in. Feel free to contact us with your request and we will do our best to assist you!
On average, processing the documents takes up to 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or credit card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for the consular legalization of one document from or for the use in Turkmenistan without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|