On March 31, 2021, the Resolution of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation No. 34 "On Approval of the List of Non-Conformities with Accreditation Criteria Leading the Revocation of Accreditation and the List of Non-Conformities with the Requirements of the Legislation of the Russian Federation for Activities of accredited bodies that result in the blocking of accreditation" was published on January 28, 2021.
The resolution also contains requirements for accredited laboratories. The following rules must currently be observed by the accredited laboratories:
- Accredited laboratories must adhere to the standards of GOST R 58973-2020 "Rules for the preparation of test reports"
- Employees in the laboratory who are hired on the basis of an employment contract and carry out tests as part of the conformity assessment may not work in more than one laboratory
- The head of the laboratory and his deputies must work full-time in the laboratory
Should these requirements be violated, the accreditation will be suspended or revoked from July 1, 2021.
The accreditation will be suspended or revoked if the number, training and professional experience of the employees in certification bodies and testing laboratories do not meet the criteria. These criteria are set out in Regulation of the Ministry of Economic Development No. 707.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- Premises, equipment, technical means and other material resources necessary to carry out the tests
- Legal acts, rules and research methods as well as other documents defining requirements for the conformity assessment process
- Documents according to the specified scope of accreditation
The document came into force on April 11, 2021 and replaces the Ministry of Economic Development's decision No. 14 of January 18, 2019.