Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Togo.
Togo did not accede to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. All documents issued abroad will only be recognised in Togo if they are legalized, meaning their authenticity must be separately confirmed.
By consular legalization the signature and the seal of foreign documents are authenticated. Responsible is the respective embassy of the country in which the document shall be used.
The following documents can be legalized:
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
Legalization of foreign documents for use in Togo
Any foreign public document can be authorised at the togolese embassy in the respective country of origin.
Legalization of togolese documents
Some countries (e.g. Germany) have currently discontinued the legalization of public documents from Togo due to formal reasons. Please contact us for further information on whether or not this limitation is relevant in your case.
The processing of documents usually takes us about 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Togo without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|