The Republic of Guinea is a state in West Africa. The country has a presidential system with the president as head of state and head of government. Local currency is the Guinea Franc. The offical language as well as the one spoken by the majority of the population is French. Guinea is a member of the United Nations (UN), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the AKT-Group and other international organisations.
Although Guinea has an abundance of variegated natural resources, the country ranks among the poorest and least developed countries in the world. The industrial sector generates the majority of the country's income, with mining alone accounting for almost 33% of the GDP. Raw materials being mined include bauxite, clay, gold, iron and diamonds. Roughly 75% of the country's population work in agriculture, half of the country's total population (47%) live below the poverty line.
Guinea has a mixed legal system, mostly consisting of french and african law.
Corporate practice is regulated in the the Civil Code and the Investment Law. These legal acts are based on the example of french law.
Main types of businesses in Guinea:
- Société à responsabilité limitée – Limited liability company
- Société anonyme – Public limited company
- Groupement d'Intérêt Economique – Economic interest grouping
- Entreprise individuelle – Individual enterprise
The Investment Agency (L'Agence de Promotion des Investissements Privés - APIP) is responsible for registration in the commercial register. Their services are partially available online.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 12-14 days after request submission, however the possibility of information disclosure has to be checked by sending a preliminary request.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
Legalization of extracts from Guinea
Guinea did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all guinean documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the commercial register of Guinea can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Guinea||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Guinea||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|