The record of real estate in Azerbaijan is included in the Real Estate Register. The Real Estate Register and Cadaster of Azerbaijan are under the jurisdiction of the State Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan on Property Issues.
Functions of the Committee
- state property management, its privatization
- maintenance of a state real estate register
- maintenance of an address register
- maintenance of a state land cadaster
- land use and land resources management works
Activities of the real estate register are governed by the 2004 Law “On State Register of Immovable Property” and the Civil Code.
Data on real estate and rights to it are provided to a right-holder, his authorized person, persons with a right of inheritance of right-holder’s property by law or by a will, and to authorized state and municipal authorities.
An individual who applied to a registration authority with an application for obtaining data from the state register must show his identity document, and a legal entity — copy of a certificate of its state registration and power of attorney proving powers of his representative. A person who does not have a right of ownership to real estate must specify in his/her application a purpose of obtaining a certificate. Information is provided after payment of a duty.
The state register stores information about immovable property, both existing and ceased rights to it and right holders. A record of applications (applications’ registration book) and folders with documents constituting a basis for state registration of rights form an integral part of the state register.
- applicants, contents of applications
- documents for immovable property
- right holders
- issued extracts
- data from the state register
The state register, applications’ record book and folders with documents constituting a basis for state registration of rights are stored permanently.
The state register consists of sections containing information about each real estate object. A land plot and immovable property located on it are registered as a single real estate object.
Information in the register
- about land plots
- about objects tightly linked with land (water bodies, forests, perennial plantings, buildings, constructions, non-residential premises, flats, individual houses and country houses, enterprises as property complexes, utilities)
- about mineral resources
Each section in the register consists of three chapters:
- address of an object (location), its name (type), area, purpose and other descriptive information
- rights of ownership and other rights, name of a right holder, data from the identity card of an individual and details of a legal entity; address specified by a right holder, size of a share in a right, name of documents confirming rights, and other required information
- restriction of rights of ownership and other real rights, restriction validity period, persons, in favour of whom a right is restricted, name of a document constituting a basis for emergence of a restriction, its validity period, terms and period of execution of obligations under a transaction
A registration number of an application accepted for state registration of rights in the applications record book is assigned to each record (note) of a right, its restriction and contracts of a real estate object.
The state register is maintained in paper and electronic media. In case of a difference of state register records in a paper and electronic medium, priority is given to information printed on paper. In case of a difference of state register records and documents constituting a basis for state registration of rights, priority is given to documents.
At present the real estate register and cadaster are being reformed. According to information in mass media, the unified data system on their basis may be launched by 2020.
Extracts from the Real Estate Register of Azerbaijan may be used for:
- confirmation of title to real estate
- receipt of information about the real estate item
- debt collection
- analysis of prices for real estate
- other commercial and analytical purposes
* some data may be unavailable for certain items, or may be provided for a fee.
The period of extract provision shall be reported individually.
Extracts for the Real Estate Register shall be provided subject to the laws of Azerbaijan and to the Law on personal data protection.
Moreover, you can order certified translation of your documents into any foreign language.
The requests shall be processed within one business day. Courier delivery of the apostilled extract shall be paid additionally according to the courier tariff rates.
Azerbaijan joined the Hague Convention on simplified legalization of documents on May 13, 2004. On March 2, 2005 the Convention came into force.
Thus, documents issued in Azerbaijan are subject to legalization based on the apostilling procedure, after certified translation such documents acquire full legal force on the territory of all other Hague Convention Member States.
As a rule of thumb, apostillation of extracts takes about two weeks.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an electronic Extract from the Real Estate Register of Azerbaijan||from 71,40 €||from 60,00 €||Price for the translation of an electronic Extract||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract from the Real Estate Register of Azerbaijan with apostille||from 357,00 €||from 300,00 €|