Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Chile by apostille.
Chile has joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in the year 2015. Therefore no diplomatic authentication or legalization of documents from Chile is required for the legal communication with another member state of the convention. The documents only need to be stamped with an "apostille" by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
Responsible for issuing the apostille are the following institutions:
- Ministry of Education and its regional secretariats
- Ministry of Justice and Human Rights
- Civil Registration and Identification Service
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Health
Ministry of Education authenticate:
- Certificates issued by the Ministry of Education
- Certificates from educational institutions
- Documents from higher education institutions
Ministry of Justice and Human Rights authenticate:
- notarial documents
- extracts from the registries
- extracts from court registries
- copies of court decisions
- administrative acts of the Ministry
Civil Registration and Identification Service authenticate:
- copies of the death certificate
- copies of birth certificate
- copies of marriage certificate
- civil state certificate
Ministry of Health authenticate:
- medical certificates
- vaccination cards
- test results
- laboratory certificates
- medical licenses
- medical resolutions
As part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs , apostilization is carried out by the General Directorate of Consular and Immigration Affairs, which certifies documents that are not within the competence of other departments.
Chile has an electronic apostille service.
Documents issued by the relevant state or local authorities or other authorized structures of Chile, published in Spanish can be apostilled.
The process of legalization of documents in Chile includes verification by an authorized official of the origin and authenticity of the document. After passing through this procedure, a special stamp - an apostille - is affixed to the document.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be issued exclusively on an original document. Therefor, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
In addition to the legalization of your documents, we can provide you with high quality translations.
If you want to bring company information before the court, it needs to be legalised as well. We are therefore offering extracts from the commercial register of Chile including apostille and translation.
- No registration or subscription
- Fast and reliable processing
- Payment by invoice
Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. We render all of our services in strict compliance with the applicable data protection laws. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.
Working with us is easy and convenient!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Chile without international postage||from 595,00 €||from 500,00 €|