Schmidt & Schmidt offers the attestation of documents from Kazakhstan by apostille.
Kazakhstan has joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in the year 2001. Therefore, no diplomatic authentication or consular legalization of documents from Kazakhstan is required for the legal communication with another member state of the Convention. The documents only need to be attested by an apostille certificate with an "apostille" stamp on it by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
Responsible for issuing the apostille are the following institutions:
- Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan for documents from the judicial sphere (decree of marriage or divorce or notarial certificates)
- Ministry of Domestic Affairs for documents issued by migration authorities or archive offices
- Ministry of Education for official documents, issued by educational institutions
- Archive offices
- Tax office
- Public prosecutor’s office
- Ministry of Defence
The process of apostille legalization in Belarus foresees that the Competent Authority checks and certifies the authenticity of the signature on the underlying public document and the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears (if any). Afterward, a certificate with a stamp "apostille" is attached to the document. As a rule, the apostille is placed on the reverse side of the original document or a separate sheet and gets affixed to it.
The apostille is a stamp in the shape of a rectangle. It should be filled in in the official languages of the issuing authority. The heading "Apostille (Convention de la Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" written in French is a mandatory requirement for an apostille's validity.
The following documents can be authenticated by an apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be exclusively issued for the original document. Therefore, the latter must be presented in good condition, with all stamps and signatures visible and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien markings or labels.
List of required documents:
- copy of an identity document
- original document to be apostilled
- notarized power of attorney
- if the applicant’s name has changed, copies of documents confirming the change of name with translation into Russian
Exempt from apostillation or consular legalization
According to Art. 13 of the Convention on Legal Assistance and Legal Relations in Civil, Family and Criminal Matters (also called the Minsk Convention), the documents of the participating countries do not require legalization. Kazakhstan has been a party to the Minsk Convention since 1994. Other countries that are parties to the Convention are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Ukraine. For these states, an apostille certificate for documents issued in Armenia is not required; instead, a notarized translation will suffice.
In addition to the legalization of your documents, we can provide you with high quality translations.
Should you require company information for the court, it needs to be legalized as well. We are therefore offering extracts from the commercial register of Kazakhstan including apostillation and translation.
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Kazakhstan without international shipping||from 136,85 €||from 115,00 €|
|Price for document procurement in Kazakhstan||from 154,70 €||from 130,00 €|