Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of public documents from Poland by apostille.
Poland acceeded to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 2005. Therefore, no diplomatic authentication or consular legalization of public documents from Poland is required for successful legal communication with another member state of the Convention.The documents only need to be attested by an apostille certificate with an "apostille" stamp on it by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
The apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. It should be filled in in the official language of the issuing authority. The heading "Apostille (Convention de la Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" written in French is a necessary requirement for the apostille's validity.
Responsible for issuing the apostille in Poland is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Prior to being submitted for apostillizatrion, some documents require an additional certification:
- Notarized copies of documents, notarized translations and other notarized documents (powers of attorney, last wills, declarations) - from the district court
- Diplomas on higher education - from the Ministry of Education and Science
- Diplomas on school education - from the Ministry of National Education
- Certificates about training - from the Polish Chamber of Crafts
- Commercial papers - from the Polish Chamber of Commerce.
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Court decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state registration body (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
The apostille can be exclusively issued for the original document. Therefore, the latter must be presented in good condition, with all stamps and signatures clear and readable. Furthermore, it should not contain alien markings or labels.
In addition to the legalization of your public documents, we can provide you with high-quality translations.
Should you require company information for use in court, it needs to be legalized as well. We are therefore offering extracts from the commercial register of Poland including apostillization and translation.
On average, processing the documents takes 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or credit card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Poland without international shipping||from 166,60 €||from 140,00 €|