Data on real estate in Montenegro is stored in the cadastral information system.
The cadastral information system is under the jurisdiction of the Real Estate Department of Montenegro. The information system was established as part of the land resource management project. It enables to obtain access to real estate data online.
Functions of the Real Estate Department of Montenegro:
- cadastre maintenance
- regulation of regulatory-legal relations in the field of real estate
- real estate estimation
- planning, design, analysis and evaluation of geodetic, cadastral and cartographic works
- photogrammetric, geodetic and other survey
- creation and maintenance of geodetic networks
- state construction
- monitoring of land issues
- registration of rights to real estate
- maintenance of technical documentation archives
- state property recording
The main document provided from the real estate registers of Montenegro is a certificate from the electronic archive. This document is provided in the Montenegrin language and contains the main information about the property:
- excerpt number
- date li>
- name of the authority that provided the information
- basis for providing information
- record number
- date of registration
- state registrar
- grounds for the right to arise
- reasons for making the entry
- form of ownership
- number of parts
- information about the owner
- data about the object (general characteristics, cadastral number, address, purpose, area, additional information)
- cadastral number (katastarska parcela)
- owner's ID number (Matični broj)
Extracts from the Cadastre may be obtained either in electronic or in paper form with apostille.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an electronic Extract from the land register of Montenegro||from 178,50 €||from 150,00 €||Price for the translation of an electronic Extract||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract from the land register of Montenegro with apostille||from 452,20 €||from 380,00 €|
Extracts from the Cadastre of Montenegro may be used for:
- confirmation of title to real estate
- receipt of information about the real estate
- debt collection
- analysis of prices for real estate
- other commercial and analytical purposes
*some data may be unavailable for certain items, or may be provided for a fee.
Receipt of documents in electronic form if necessary base information is available is normally carried out for one working day. Approximately 2 weeks are required to obtain documents with apostille.
Extracts from the land register are provided subject to the laws of Montenegro and to the Law on personal data protection.
Moreover, you can order certified translation of your documents into any foreign language.
The requests shall be processed within one business day. Courier delivery of the apostilled extract shall be paid additionally according to the courier tariff rates.
Montenegro joined the Hague Convention on simplified legalization of documents on January 24, 1965, together with the rest of Yugoslavia. On June 3, 2006, Montenegro announced its legal succession in regards to the Convention.
Thus, documents issued in Monenegro are subject to legalization based on the apostilling procedure, after certified translation such documents acquire full legal force on the territory of all other Hague Convention Member States.
As a rule of thumb, apostillation of extracts takes about two weeks.