Data on real estate in Portugal are contained in two main independent systems: land register (Registo Predial) and Cadastre.
The Land Register is under the jurisdiction of land register offices being part of the Institute of registers and notariat.
The Land Register System is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice of Portugal.
The Cadastre System is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Environment of Portugal.
The Land Register addresses the issues of rights’ registration, and the cadastre – mapping and geodesy.
The existing land register system began to be established in early ХХ century. In 1995 и 2017 it was reformed.
In the long term it is planned to establish direct digital communication between the land register and Cadastre, however, unification of information is still carried out through bureaucratic procedures.
Contents of the Land Register
- legal facts leading to establishment, recognition, acquisition or alteration of rights of ownership, use, utilization and housing or easements;
- legal facts leading to establishment or alteration of ownership to flats and rights to permanent residence;
- legal facts, which cancel rights of ownership and use of housing, residence in it;
- legal facts related to separation or joint ownership of land plots;
- data on ownership;
- data on encumbrances and privileges;
- data on property transfer to creditors;
- data on mortgage;
- data on guarantees;
- data on leasing;
- data on seizure and declaration of insolvency;
- data on pledges and confiscation;
- data on concessions;
- data on indemnities;
- data on restriction of the right of ownership;
- data on recognition, establishment, alteration or termination of rights;
- data on recognition of record invalid;
- data on procedures limiting free property disposal.
Registrars in their works are guided by legitimate interest principles (record is made by the request of those one who is in a legal position of an owner), legality, general record making rules; dependence of a record on a previous one.
Information about a legal status of real estate and registration applications is public and fully available for obtaining an extract (including online using an electronic certificate via Predial Online service) in the event that paid subscription is issued.
- full address
- unique number of a property
Besides, there is Casa Pronta, which enable to make a number of real estate transactions online.
Extract from the land register of Portugal may be used for:
- confirmation of title to real estate
- receipt of information about the real estate
- debt collection
- analysis of prices for real estate in different regions of Portugal
- other commercial and analytical purposes
* some data may be unavailable for certain items, or may be provided for a fee.
Time for obtaining documents depends on their type. Document may be provided with apostille.
Extracts from land register of Portugal are provided subject to the laws of Portugal and to the Law on personal data protection.
The requests shall be processed within one business day. Courier delivery of the apostilled extract shall be paid additionally according to the courier tariff rates.
Portugal joinedthe Hague Convention on simplified legalization of documents on December 6, 1968, since February 4, 1969 the Convention came into force.
Thus, documents issued in Portugal are subject to legalization based on a simplified procedure - apostilling, after certified translation such documents acquire full legal force on the territory of all other Hague Convention Member States.
As a rule, apostillation of extracts takes about two weeks.
Moreover, you can order certified translation of documents.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an electronic Extract from the land register of Portugal||from 95,20 €||from 80,00 €||Price for the translation of an electronic Extract||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract from the land register of Portugal with apostille||from 297,50 €||from 250,00 €|