Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Tonga by apostille.
Tonga acceded to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in the year 1965 as an overseas department of the United Kingdom. On June 4, 1970, the document entered into force for the Kingdom of Tonga as an independent state.
Responsible for issuing the apostille in Tonga is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Citizenship.
The right to certify documents with an apostille is also delegated to a number of diplomatic missions of Tonga:
- to the High Commissioner of Tonga in Great Britain
- to the US Embassy and Tonga's permanent mission in the United Nations
- to the Tongan Embassy in China
- to the High Commissioner of Tonga in New Zealand
- General Consulateof Tonga in the United States (San Francisco)
- Tonga Consulate in the United States (Honolulu)
- General Consulate of Tonga in Australia
The process of legalization in Tonga includes verification of their authenticity by a specially authorized official. After passing this procedure, a special stamp (an apostille) is affixed to the document (or to its certified copy). As a rule, the apostille is placed on the back of the document, or on a separate sheet, after which the document is stitched.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be issued exclusively on an original document. Therefore, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
In addition to the legalization of your documents, we can provide you with high quality translations.
If you want to bring company information before the court, it needs to be legalized as well. We are therefore offering extracts from the commercial register of Tonga including apostille and translation.
- No registration or subscription
- Fast and reliable processing
- Payment by invoice
Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. We render all of our services in strict compliance with the applicable data protection laws. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.
Working with us is easy and convenient!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Tonga without international postage||from 595,00 €||from 500,00 €|