Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from the United States Virgin Islands by apostille.
As an insular area of the United States of America the US Virgin Islands have joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in the year 1981. Therefore no diplomatic authentication or legalization of documents from the US Virgin Islands is required for the legal communication with another member state of the convention. The documents only need to be stamped with an "apostille" by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
Responsible for issuing the apostille are the following institutions:
- The United States Department of State is responsible for documents issued by federal authorities.
- Court documents are legalized by the Secretary of the District Court of the Virgin Islands.
- The Governor legalizes documents that are issued by local authorities.
Documents issued by the US Virgin Islands authorities, published in English can be apostilled.
The process of legalizing documents in the US Virgin Islands includes verification by an authorized official of the Office of the Lieutenant Governor of the origin and authenticity of the document. After passing this procedure, the applicant, as a rule, is issued a special certificate - an apostille.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be issued exclusively on an original document. Therefor, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
In addition to the legalization of your documents, we can provide you with high quality translations.
If you want to bring company information before the court, it needs to be legalised as well. We are therefore offering extracts from the commercial register of the United States Virgin Islands including apostille and translation.
- No registration or subscription
- Fast and reliable processing
- Payment by invoice
Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. We render all of our services in strict compliance with the applicable data protection laws. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.
Working with us is easy and convenient!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from the US Virgin Islands without international postage||from 595,50 €||from 500,00 €|