Schmidt & Schmidt is offering the legalization of documents from the United States Virgin Islands by apostille.
As an insular area of the United States of America the US Virgin Islands have joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents in the year 1981. Therefore no diplomatic authentication or legalization of documents from the US Virgin Islands is required for the legal communication with another member state of the convention. The documents only need to be stamped with an "apostille" by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
On the US Virgin Islands, different authorities are responsible for the legalization of documents:
- The United States Department of State is responsible for documents issued by federal authorities.
- Court documents are legalized by the Secretary of the District Court of the Virgin Islands.
- The Governor legalizes documents that are issued by local authorities.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
What is an apostille?
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can exclusively be issued on an original document. Hereby, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
- No registration or subscription
- Fast and reliable processing
- Payment by invoice
Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. All procedures within our company are strictly regulated. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.
Working with us is easy and convenient!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from the US Virgin Islands without international postage||from 595,50 €||from 500,00 €|