Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Estonia by apostille.
Estonia has joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in the year 2001. Therefore no diplomatic authentication or legalization of documents from Estonia is required for the legal communication with another member state of the convention. The documents only need to be stamped with an "apostille" by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
Responsible for issuing the apostille are the following institutions:
- Ministry of Education for documents issued by education institutions
- Ministry of Justice for judicial documents
- Ministry of Domestic Affairs
- Ministry of Social Affairs
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be issued exclusively on an original document. Therefor, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
For graduation diploma issued after 1997, a state examination certificate must be attached. Since June 15, 2009, state examination certificates are issued electronically. Notaries can print out the certificate.
Certificates of marriage issued between 1941 and 1992 can not be legalized by apostille. If you wish to get an apostille for these certificates, it is mandatory to apply for a new one.
In addition to the legalization of your documents, we can provide you with high quality translations.
If you want to bring company information before the court, it needs to be legalised as well. We are therefore offering extracts from the commercial register of Estonia including apostille and translation.
- No registration or subscription
- Fast and reliable processing
- Payment by invoice
Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. We render all of our services in strict compliance with the applicable data protection laws. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.
Working with us is easy and convenient!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Estonia without international shipping||from 178,50 €||from 150,00 €|