Schmidt & Schmidt is offering the legalization of documents from Estonia by apostille.
Estonia has joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents in the year 2001. Therefore no diplomatic authentication or legalization of documents from Estonia is required for the legal communication with another member state of the convention. The documents only need to be stamped with an "apostille" by the issuing state's authorities in order to be valid in the state of destination.
An apostille is a stamp of rectangular shape. The heading "Apostille (Convention de La Haye du 5 octobre 1961)" must be in French.
What is an apostille?
Different institutions are responsible for issuing the apostille:
- Ministry of Education for documents issued by education institutions
- Ministry of Justice for judicial documents
- Ministry of Domestic Affairs
- Ministry of Social Affairs
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The following documents can be authenticated by apostille:
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Trade register excerpts
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
- Commercial documents legalized by a state organ of registration (articles of incorporation, registration certificates, tax registrations etc.)
Requirements for the documents:
An apostille can be issued exclusively on an original document. Hereby, the latter must be in an apparent good condition, all stamps and signatures have to be clear and readable. Furthermore, it must not contain alien marking and labels.
To the graduation diploma that has been being issued since 1997 a certificate of state examination must be attached. Since June 15, 2009, the certificate of state examination has been issued electronically. Notaries can print out the certificate.
Certificates of marriage issued between 1941 and 1992 can not be legalized by apostille. A new certificate has to be applied for.
- No registration or subscription
- Fast and reliable processing
- Payment by invoice
Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. All procedures within our company are strictly regulated. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.
Working with us is easy and convenient!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an apostille for a document from Estonia without international shipping||from 178,50 €||from 150,00 €|