On August 22, 2019, the public discussion of the draft amendments to the list of devices subjecting to a mandatory certification was ended. Now the document will be submitted for acceptance to the Government of the Russian Federation. The main point is the revision of the nomenclature adopted by the Government of the Russian Federation No. 532 of June 25, 2009, which currently includes 7 sections of devices that perform the following functions:
- switching systems
- management and monitoring systems
- digital transport systems
- registration the amount of communication services provided in public telecommunication networks
- fulfilment of actions during complementing the tracking activities
- dysfunction of the public telecommunications network
It was invented to introduce passive communication devices as a new section in the list of devices, which should be certificated. Passive communication devices divided into two groups: fiber optic communication cables and its cable boxes for an installation. In addition, the section that accountable for management and monitoring systems will also be supplemented with a new subparagraph about technical devices to counter threats. The latest changes to the list of communication devices that subject to the certification were made in 2015.