The Technical Regulation of the customs union TR CU 033/2013 On safety of milk and milk products, sets the binding safety requirements for milk and dairy products and related processes of production, storage, disposal, transport and distribution on the market of the EAEU.
The Technical Regulation TR CU 033/2013 is intended to ensure the uniform application and enforcement of the requirements for milk and dairy products in the territory of the customs union.
Adopted on October 9, 2013
Came into force on May 1, 2014
Milk and dairy products may only enter the EAEU market if they comply with the requirements of this and other EAEU Technical Regulations and the conformity of the milk and milk products has been confirmed.
Application area of TR CU 033/2013
The Technical Regulation TR CU 033/2013 applies to milk and dairy products which are marketed in the EAEU and are intended for consumption, including:
- raw milk - as a raw material, skim milk (raw and heat treated) - as a raw material, cream (raw and heat treated) - as a raw material
- dairy products, including:
- milk products
- milk product components
- products containing milk
- by-products of dairy processing
- milk-based baby food for infants (0 to 3 years), preschool aged children (3 to 6 years) and school aged children (6 years and over) composed of modified formula milk or dried fermented milk; dairy drinks (including dried ones) for infants; ready made milk mash und dried milk mash for infants, which are prepared with the addition of drinking water
- functional components required for the production of milk processing products
The TR CU 033/2013 does not apply to:
The Technical Regulation TR CU 033/2013 does not apply to:
- products made on the basis of milk and dairy products and intended for use in specialty foods (except milk and milk products for children's food)
- culinary and confectionery products, food supplements, medicines, animal feeds, non-food products made on the basis of milk or milk products
- Milk and dairy products, as well as the associated processes of production, storage, transport and distribution, produced by individuals or private farms, which are intended exclusively for private consumption and are therefore not intended for distribution on the EAEU market.
The conformity assessment process
The conformity assessment with the requirements of the Technical Regulation TR CU 033/2013 takes place in the form of:
- EAC Declaration
- state registration of children's food according to the requirements of TR CU 021/2011 On food safety
- state registration for new types of dairy products according to the requirements of TR CU 021/2011 On food safety
- sanitary examination of raw milk, raw skimmed milk and raw cream, which are delivered to companies for further processing
The accompanying documents for milk and milk products must be printed in the Russian language or in the official language of the member state of the customs union. The accompanying documents include:
- test reports
- data sheet
- technical documentation
- copy of the certificate of conformity
- copy of the quality management system certificate
- protocols of the production audit for serial production
Products declared according to TR CU 033/2013 must be marked with the EAC marking before launch. The label shall be attached to each package of milk and milk products. In this case, the marking must take place in such a way that it is easily recognizable and legible throughout the entire minimum durability. In the case of the transport of milk or milk production in special tanks, the marking is only permitted in the accompanying documents.
The period of validity of EAC Declaration
The validity of the EAC Declaration for serial production of milk and dairy products is 5 years.
We would be pleased to advise you professionally and competently on the EAC certification or declaration. We will verify free of charge whether your products are subject to the conformity certification obligation according to TR CU 033/2013 On safety of milk and dairy products.