On July 12, 2018, the Eurasian Economic Union has announced a new monitoring system. It is supposed to detect violations of the technical regulations of the EAEU faster.
If a product sold on the EAEU market is lacking the required documents, it will be entered into a database. In case it is to cross the border of another member state, the customs authorities are thereby informed.
The following regulations are particularly affected:
- TR CU 004/2011 On safety of low-voltage equipment
- TR CU 007/2011 On safety of the products for children and teenagers
- TR CU 008/2011 On safety of toys
- TR CU 018/2011 On safety of wheeled vehicles
- TR CU 020/2011 On electromagnetic compatibility
Furthermore, it is intended for the controlling bodies of the member states to cooperate.