The Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 040/2016 On safety of fish products contains the mandatory safety requirements for fish and seafood and related processes of production, packaging, storage, disposal, transport and sale for the protection of life and health of humans and animals. The TR EAEU 040/2016 also serves to prevent misleading actions against the consumer. In addition, the Technical Regulation covers seafood and products from the aquaculture of plant and animal origin in processed or non-processed form and should ensure the free movement of goods.
Adopted on October 18, 2016
Came into force on September 1, 2017
Application area of TR EAEU 040/2016
The Technical Regulation TR EAEU 040/2016 applies to:
- fish products from catches of biological water resources and aquacultures, of both plant and animal origin, processed or unprocessed
- processes of manufacture, packaging, storage, disposal, transport and sale
The TR EAEU 040/2016 does not apply to:
- breeding methods
- specialized foodstuffs containing fish and fish products (with the exception of baby food)
- food supplements prepared from fish, invertebrate water or mammals, algae or aquatic plants
- processes of packaging, storing, disposing of, transporting and selling food from fish or fish products of industrial production intended for handling in the EAEU
- non-food products from fish and fish products
The conformity assessment process
The conformity assessment with the requirements of the TR EAEU 040/2016 takes place in the form of:
- EAC Declaration
- State registration of child nutrition according to the requirements of TR CU 021/2011 On food safety
- animal testing of unprocessed fish products of animal origin, live fish and live invertebrate aquatic animals
The supporting documents must be submitted in Russian or in the official language of the member state of the customs union. The accompanying documents include:
- test reports
- data sheet
- technical documentation
- a copy of the certificate of conformity
- a copy of the quality management system certificate
- protocols of the manufacturing audit for serial production
The products certified according to TR EAEU 040/2016 must be marked with the EAC conformity marking before launch. The conformity marking shall be attached to the appropriate packaging, the accompanying documents and the labels in such a way as to ensure recognition and legibility throughout the life cycle of the product. The marking may only be attached if the product meets the requirements of all Technical Regulations under which it falls.
Period of validity of EAC Declaration
The EAC Declaration for fish and fish products is valid for five years.
We would be pleased to advise you professionally and competently on the EAC certification or declaration. We will verify free of charge whether your products are subject to the conformity certification obligation according to TR EAEU 040/2016 On safety of fish products.