On March 1, 2018, the technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 037/2016 On restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment has entered into force.
The following products fall under the regulation's scope of application:
- electrical household appliances
- personal electronic data processing machines and devices which can be connected to electronic data processing machines
- telecommunication equipment
- copying machines and electronic office equipment
- power tools
- light sources and lighting equipment, including appliances that can be installed in furniture
- musical instruments
- cash machines and electronic cash registers
- cables for use at rated voltages up to 500 volts, except fiber optic cables
- automatic and safety switches
- safety and fire alarms
One has to take into account that some of these products to be certified to other regulations in addition:
e.g. TR CU 004/2011 On safety of low-voltage equipment and TR CU 020/2011 On electromagnetic compatibility.
Transitional period is 2 years – until March 1, 2020, products can be marketed without a certificate according to TR EAEU 037/2016.