According to the Technical Regulation, production and realization of fish products, which have had the conformity assessment by GOST R, was allowed in the territory of the EAEU member countries until September 1, 2019.
Now the sale of fish products is possible only with a declaration of conformity assessment TR EAEU 040/2016.
The following types of fish products fall under the regulation:
- fish, aquatic mammals, algae and invertebrates in different states (living, chilled, frozen and after the initial processing)
- dried products from different parts of fish, algae, invertebrates and aquatic mammals
- semi-finished fish products
- baby food made from fish
- canned fish and preserves
- pickled products
- caviar products
- fish oil and oil of aquatic mammals
- imitation of fish products
- hydrolysates from fish products
- smoked fish, invertebrates and aquatic mammals
- minced fish products.
The regulation covers both artificially grown products and fish caught in the natural water bodies (seas, lakes, rivers, oceans, channels, etc.).